1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Fundamental Principles of Physical Chemistry

1. Mar 14, 2014 #1
    Has anyone heard of the text Fundamental Principles of Physical Chemistry by Samuel Maron and Carl Prutton? It's the text we're going to use for Thermodynamics I, Chemical Equilibrium and Chemical Kinetics, three courses which are collectively known in my school as the "Physical Chemistry block."

I'm currently taking Thermo I and it is a good book, neither basic nor extremely rigorous, it even includes a chapter on Stat Mech. What made me curious is that the last edition was released in the 70s, and seems like it went out of print in the United States long time ago, around the 70s or 80s. We use a Spanish translation which is still printed to this day in Mexico, by a local subsidiary of Wiley. I noticed it is kind of hard to find even on Amazon.

Anyway, it'd be interesting to hear if any of you has had any experience with this text or even heard of it. Saludos!

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted