What makes 37 a unique and special number?

In summary, the conversation revolved around the most important fundamental quantity, with various suggestions such as money, clarity, empathy, 42, and 12. However, without context, quantity is meaningless and at least two quantities are needed to derive any meaning. The most commonly agreed upon fundamental quantity is frequency, as it can be used to derive both time and length. However, some argued for velocity or the color blue as the most fundamental. The conversation also delved into personal favorites, such as the number 37, which has a unique pattern in a base 26 number system.
dickson emma
what is the most important fundamental quantity

Physics news on Phys.org
Money.

zero?

Clarity

Without context quantity is meaningless, hence, at least two.

quantity itself.

dickson emma said:
what is the most important fundamental quantity

Four.

Timecube!

Oneness is evil!

www.timecube.com[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is silly and may be the work or a spammer or sock puppet, mentors please check. I am glad everyone is having a good time though, so it may be worth keeping for awhile.

Rhody... :redface:

FlexGunship said:
Uhh... okay... 7Hz.

Go. :uhh:
f = 7Hz
t = 1 / f = 1/7 seconds
l = c / f (where c is the speed of light in a vacuum) = 4 x 10^7 meters.

Jimmy Snyder said:
f = 7Hz
t = 1 / f = 1/7 seconds

You cheated.How did you get velocity without first knowing what length is?

The most fundamental quantity is blue of course.

1. I exist, therefor I am.

narrator said:
1. I exist, therefor I am.

I am what I eat. BS tastes good.

Jimmy Snyder said:
f = 7Hz
t = 1 / f = 1/7 seconds

Nope, L = 6 inches. It's a broken metronome on my desk at home that clicks away like mad, and V = 0 because it's stationary.

FlexGunship said:
Nope, L = 6 inches.

Damnit, are you watching me while I shower or something?

It is my daughter's favorite number. It has the following bizarre feature she discovered:
In a base 26 number system where a=0, z=25, 'car' is a perfect square whose root is bl=37.

PAllen said:

It is my daughter's favorite number. It has the following bizarre feature she discovered:
In a base 26 number system where a=0, z=25, 'car' is a perfect square whose root is bl=37.

Yeah, that's my favorite number for the exact same reason. :uhh:

1. What are fundamental quantities?

Fundamental quantities are physical quantities that are considered to be the most basic and essential for describing and measuring the physical world. They are the building blocks of all other physical quantities and are used to define and derive all other quantities in physics.

2. How many fundamental quantities are there?

There are seven fundamental quantities in the International System of Units (SI): length, mass, time, electric current, temperature, amount of substance, and luminous intensity. These quantities are used to measure all other physical quantities in the SI system.

3. Why are fundamental quantities important?

Fundamental quantities are important because they provide a standardized and universal system of measurement that is used by scientists and engineers worldwide. They also allow for precise and accurate measurements, which are essential for understanding and predicting the behavior of the physical world.

4. How are fundamental quantities defined?

Fundamental quantities are defined by specific units of measurement, such as meters for length, kilograms for mass, and seconds for time. These units are based on physical constants and are used to measure the fundamental quantities in a consistent and reproducible manner.

5. Can fundamental quantities change over time?

No, fundamental quantities are considered to be constant and unchanging. They are defined in terms of physical constants, which are believed to be universal and unchanging in nature. However, our understanding and measurement of these quantities may improve over time as technology and scientific methods advance.