1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Schools Funded physics masters programs

1. Mar 28, 2016 #1
    I was wondering if you guys know of any funded masters programs in physics - tuition waiver + stipend; or only stipend enough to cover tuition and modest living expenses. I am not too particular about the country but I am looking for programs where the norm is that the department funds all their incoming students. Any input is much appreciated!

I found the following ones:
    Miami University, OH
    San Diego State University
    North Dakota State University

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 28, 2016 #2

Choppy

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

In Canadian universities, it's typical that master's students are funded, if you're interested in the Great White North.

4. Mar 28, 2016 #3

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Is there a University of Yellowknife?

5. Mar 28, 2016 #4
    Hey thanks. I did apply to a few masters programs in Canada.

6. Mar 29, 2016 #5

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

No need to go that far for the "Great White North." I once spent a day sightseeing in Calgary during a blizzard... in mid May!

7. Mar 31, 2016 #6
    Sounds about right. Oddly enough, Calgary's had more rain than snow this Winter. Temperatures have been above freezing since mid January o_O.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted