1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Funding for MS Chemistry

1. Nov 3, 2011 #1
    Hello everyone!

I was wondering if any of you know any schools that will provide full funding for students pursuing a MS in analytical chemistry in the US? I have done some research and there are many schools that state they provide assistantships to masters students but once contacted, admit that it is very unlikely for me to receive them.

The schools that I have found so far are:
    U of MN Duluth
    Portland State U (unconfirmed)

Thank you!

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 4, 2011 #2
    Unlikely. With an adequate background, you should be able to get a TA or perhaps and RA position. Full rides are rare, unless you can play football too..... j/k ..... sort of.

I had friends that were math superstars get a company to pay the full cost of ANY grad school they wanted, but you had to sign in blood for an equal number of years working for them. I would contact big companies like DuPont, Dow, etc. However, I’ve only seen this done for superstar material (i.e. 4.0 GPA, great GRE scores, etc.).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook