Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Funniest member award

1. Oct 6, 2007 #1

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Yes, we're getting close to that time of year. We're going to need nominees for Funniest Member.

This has been a rather dry year. I know some of you are just hilarious. It's time to start strutting your stuff.

Artman, where are you?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 6, 2007 #2

turbo

Gold Member

So I says to the girl with the wooden leg "Peg, how you standin' it?" and she says "I can't kick." Ba da boom!:rolleyes:

4. Oct 6, 2007 #3

Evo

Now that's the spirit!! I guess a nomination for turbo might be in his future. :approve:

Come on, we've got plenty of funny people. jimmysnider can come up with some really funny lines, unfortunately he was killed by a Vulcan death pinch yesterday due to a misunderstanding over a puzzle.

5. Oct 6, 2007 #4

turbo

Gold Member

I'm sorry. I didn't know there was a misunderstanding. I thought it was intentional and warranted a pre-emptive cleansing. My bad.

6. Oct 6, 2007 #5

Evo

Shhhh, I'm calling it a misunderstanding. :uhh:

7. Oct 6, 2007 #6

Astronuc

I won't even try for that award. I am way too serious.

In elementary school and junior high, my peers called me Spoc because I was very serious and intensely interested (even immersed) in math and science, and it didn't help that my mom liked to cut my hair short so that I pretty much did look Spoc.

I did have a sense of humor - I just didn't understand the jokes.

8. Oct 6, 2007 #7

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The 2006 funniest members disappeared. This is probably just a test to see who is the least intensely focused on maths and science. The winners are then culled.

9. Oct 6, 2007 #8

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:bugeye: I'll bet that your prof was just wishing it was still fully acceptable to invite a student to leave the classroom. I might have done so anyway, and dealt with the repercussions later. "Mr. History Buff, if you think you already know the material better than I do, and cannot conduct yourself as an adult respectful of others in this classroom, you will find the door is over there."

Edit: Sorry, but your reason for editing is funnier than the original post (but you can see I beat you to it with the quote). I'm afraid you're still qualified for nomination. :biggrin:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2007
  10. Oct 6, 2007 #9

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh, we throw them into the volcano as a sacrifice to the PF gods. I thought everyone knew that's what happens to the funniest member. The only reason Cyrus is still around is that he pushed Pengwuino in first.

11. Oct 6, 2007 #10
    Yes I totally agree. It's not acceptable at all at the University level. I usually just shake my head, but the "MEEEEE" was intensely funny.

12. Oct 6, 2007 #11

Astronuc

Cyrus is still around, but his penguin sidekick vanished.

MIH got promoted to Mentor,

and the others have been in and out of GD on and off.

BobG has been on the road.

Arildno is helping out a lot with homework.

Wolram's around, but he is being more serious these days.

Zooby is around, but he's drawing/sketching, and so is Lisa now and then.

Artman is AWOL.

13. Oct 6, 2007 #12

Astronuc

Too late! You've been quoted.

14. Oct 6, 2007 #13
    No! No! I love math and science! y=mx+b!

Don't do it please.

15. Oct 6, 2007 #14

Evo

Sorry, someone's gotta go into the Volcano, it's for the good of the forum.

16. Oct 6, 2007 #15

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh well it appears that I haven't been keeping track but then again I use nexus where Astro is still engineering guru. The PF volcano god isn't nearly as hungry as I'd thought. I think we have our willing sacrifise for this year though :smile:

17. Oct 6, 2007 #16

Astronuc

I guess Greg is doing an multiverse experiment. Different realities in Nexusverse vs Primeverse. Or is the concurrent reality theory.

18. Oct 6, 2007 #17

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: Despite all your protests, I think you're demonstrating a definite funny streak there. :biggrin: Don't worry, once the volcano god gets a mouthful of that beard and all that hair, he'll probably just spit you back out.

19. Oct 6, 2007 #18

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Just to help speed things along, I nominate Astronuc for everything. :biggrin:

20. Oct 6, 2007 #19

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Seconded. :approve:

21. Oct 6, 2007 #20
    If anyone found my posts humorous, then I am satisfied. I'm not sure how the contest works. How can I be the funniest member if I am not a member? As for death pinches, I've developed a tolerance.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?