What are some of the funniest things said on PF?

• Thread starter honestrosewater
  • Start date
In summary, this argument between Mr. Robin Parsons and Monique led to Mr. Robin Parsons being banned from the forum.
I remember one guy who was complaining that the people at PF are blinded by their intelligence. :rofl:

Should one hope to see the light through stupidity? :uhh:

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
the number 42 said:
Apart from most of Russ Watters' contributions, Dave's Tragic Life - Tell us what you know was one of the most funny and disturbing things I've seen on PF in a while. Any chance of a revival?
seriously? I had no idea anyone read it, let alone enjoyed it.

tribdog said:
Hmm, how do you spell "unconvincing"? or maybe the word I'm looking for rhymes with "wishing"?

Nereid said:
Hmm, how do you spell "unconvincing"? or maybe the word I'm looking for rhymes with "wishing"?
I'm not like that. I was being serious. The only people who posted in that thread were the 3 people writing the story. I was suprised that it got put into the classics thread.
I'm guessing that fishing rhymes with wishing. I think I'm a bit more straightforward than that.

tribdog said:

I thought maybe we were going too far, so I wanted to see if there was going to be any feedback. :blushing:

Gokul43201 said:
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

I think she's referring to The Forgotten. In Eternal Sunshine . . ., the persons are only erased from the memory of one other person.

tribdog said:
I'm not like that. I was being serious. The only people who posted in that thread were the 3 people writing the story. I was suprised that it got put into the classics thread.
I'm guessing that fishing rhymes with wishing. I think I'm a bit more straightforward than that.
Good to hear it trib! I'll try to emulate the archetypical Aussie in future, laconic and blunt (or was that the archetypical Swede?). o:) :devil:

Well, at 273 views and 30 posts, it's about average for a thread (views per post that is), so it's pretty unlikely that the only ones who've been reading it are the three posting to it!

Honestly now, what's your own opinion of that thread? On a par with the others in classics? with your other great contributions?

Les Sleeth said:
In case anyone didn't realize who I was poking fun at, it was the poster (i.e., not selfAdjoint) who may have slightly underestimated SA's intellectual ability. :tongue2:
I wasn't sure of your motives 100% and that's why I used a [very lightly] modified version of your opener. The other part I truly thought funny. :approve:

Nereid said:
Honestly now, what's your own opinion of that thread? On a par with the others in classics? with your other great contributions?

Well, it just got dropped, and only 3 of us were posting in it, so I thought we were the only 3 who found it amusing. I'm also surprised others were enjoying it enough to make it a classic thread, especially with a cliff-hanger ending!

Nereid said:
Good to hear it trib! I'll try to emulate the archetypical Aussie in future, laconic and blunt (or was that the archetypical Swede?). o:) :devil:

Well, at 273 views and 30 posts, it's about average for a thread (views per post that is), so it's pretty unlikely that the only ones who've been reading it are the three posting to it!

no I don't think it is as good as some of the classics. although I really did laugh when the string got caught on the sofa. I don't think most of my posts deserve classic status. I think the "lifetime guarantee" Cosco casket thread is hilarious and I had no part in it. I can't tell what tone of voice you are using, and get the feeling that you think I am superconcieted. If I say something about how great I am I assume everyone knows I'm trying to be funny and that I'm not really like that, but maybe everyone doesn't know that.
You ever read Mad Magazine? remember those little pictures in the margins? that's what I think most of my posts are. funny little snips that may or may not have anything to do with current topics.
When I heard someone say they wanted the Dave thread to continue I sat down and wrote about five pages worth of story which I will never post to that thread because it doesn't strike me as being "classic" worthy

tribdog said:
no I don't think it is as good as some of the classics. although I really did laugh when the string got caught on the sofa. I don't think most of my posts deserve classic status. I think the "lifetime guarantee" Cosco casket thread is hilarious and I had no part in it. I can't tell what tone of voice you are using, and get the feeling that you think I am superconcieted. If I say something about how great I am I assume everyone knows I'm trying to be funny and that I'm not really like that, but maybe everyone doesn't know that.
You ever read Mad Magazine? remember those little pictures in the margins? that's what I think most of my posts are. funny little snips that may or may not have anything to do with current topics.
When I heard someone say they wanted the Dave thread to continue I sat down and wrote about five pages worth of story which I will never post to that thread because it doesn't strike me as being "classic" worthy

I think you'll find this belongs on the Tortured Poets: Unite! thread.

tribdog said:
no I don't think it is as good as some of the classics.
I DO! I think it's one of the best! :approve:

POST THEM!

Hey, you gurus got paid a HUGE amount of cash when you received your awards, so you'd better start producing!

(or did us mentors decide to divide the guru cash prize fund among ourselves :uhh: note to self, check with the bank to see if I recently received a large deposit)

Evo said:
Hey, you gurus got paid a HUGE amount of cash when you received your awards, so you'd better start producing!

The check is in the mail, huh? When I see it, I'll believe it. :wink:

Moonbear said:
The check is in the mail, huh? When I see it, I'll believe it. :wink:
The cheque is in the mail, huh? When I see it, I'll believe it. :wink:

The Bob (2004 ©)

P.S. Sorry. :frown:

The Bob said:
The cheque is in the mail, huh? When I see it, I'll believe it. :wink:

The Bob (2004 ©)

P.S. Sorry. :frown:
I hadn't realized you won the spelling guru award. Did you get your cheque?

Les Sleeth said:
A recent comment to Selfadjoint in a philosophy thread:

"It seems some of the other patrons ..."
I can't find this comment through PF's search. Did it get deleted?

plover said:
I can't find this comment through PF's search. Did it get deleted?

It is still around, but I didn't want to embarrass the poster. When someone first gets here at PF often they don't know who knows what, or what "Supermentor" means. I just thought it funny that he was thinking selfAdjoint might be a crackpot.

By Imparticle:
Okay, I'm a little lost...What's a physicist? A new toy like furby?