Funny Comics and Stories: Need a Laugh?

In summary, In my opinion, xkcd is the best comic strip because it is so simple and makes you laugh out loud.
VashtiMaiden
uhmm... does anyone here know any site about funny comics or stories?

Can you please give me some site?

I really mean FUNNY stories.

Physics news on Phys.org
calvin & hobbes.. google it, u ll get a lot of links for strips and ebooks..

Calvin and & Hobbes is the all-time champion of comic strips.

http://www.comics.com/comics/pearls/" has since won my heart too. Entirely different from Watterson's work, but really funny in its own right.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never laughed at a comic strip in my life.

Cyrus said:
Seriously??

Have a look at the following site and scroll through the comics (they require a very very simplistic mind):
http://explosm.net/comics/1245/

......ha ha?

The Perry Bible Fellowship has some pretty good strips.

PBF211-Atlantis.jpg

Agree with rootX on xkcd. Also like We the Robots. In the past I liked Men in Hats and PhD Comics. And Morphism just posted the best one ever!

I suppose Cyanide and Happiness might work for you. I don't really find comics funny (Let's start a club Cyrus!) but a friend of mine loves there's. Its at explosm as well.

xkcd rocks!

Also, if you are studying science and engineering, especially if your are a grad student:

www.phdcomics.com

DavidWhitbeck said:
Agree with rootX on xkcd. Also like We the Robots. In the past I liked Men in Hats and PhD Comics. And Morphism just posted the best one ever!

Have you ever heard of the word "I" or "me"?

Me agree with binzing.

uhmm...besides comics...how about stories??

Isaac Asimov's Treasury of Humour has some fun stories and jokes in it. It's quite old now though.

And for comics...
http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/archives.php?y=2008
The Boondocks (which has also become a cartoon on adultswim)

Last edited by a moderator:
i think we can get cyrus going if we all wish real hard. i remember being asked once if i liked prairie home companion, which i then thought the absolute stupidest show in the world. since then i have rather enjoyed it, especially guy noir and other dopey radio show imitations.
maybe we should refer him to some gary larson strips for starters, or the classical series by garry trudeau on reagan's brain.

apparently all funny cartoonists are named gar[r]y.

Last edited:
Cyrus said:

Go into management.

Ivan Seeking said:
Go into management.

I don't get it?

what are those cartoons called with the stickmen and the orange bodies?

VashtiMaiden said:
uhmm...besides comics...how about stories??

There's The Onion.

http://www.theonion.com/content/index

It's a site of funny fake news stories, hope you like them (I do.)

Cyrus said:
Ivan Seeking said:
Go into management.
Cyrus said:
I don't get it?
Exactly!

td060916.gif

Never laughed at a comic in your life?

xkcd is the answer!

It's the only one I read and have ever read.

Long like the xkcd.

in the math dept we sit around cracking each other up with zingers like: "can you believe my class thought a gradient field could have a closed integral curve?! Ha ha ha aaa!"

I mean reallly!

Mk said:
Never laughed at a comic in your life?

xkcd is the answer!

It's the only one I read and have ever read.

Long like the xkcd.

I've read these before, but they never made me laugh.

Cyrus said:
I've read these before, but they never made me laugh.

I also never laughed at cartoons like: elmer fudd, the road runner, wally coyote.

But I like the simpons and family guy. Those are funny and make me laugh. I think its the type of humor.

I've found the older I get, the less likely I am to laugh at printed comic strips.

But an old Far Side can still bring me a chuckle.

Simpsons, Family Guy, and South Park ... all great.

Thanks guys.

1. What makes a comic or story funny?

Humor is subjective and can vary from person to person. However, some common elements that can make a comic or story funny include clever wordplay, unexpected twists, relatable situations, and exaggerated or absurd scenarios.

2. Are there different types of humor in comics and stories?

Yes, there are various types of humor, such as satire, parody, slapstick, sarcasm, and irony, that can be used in comics and stories. The type of humor used often depends on the target audience and the purpose of the comic or story.

3. Can comics and stories be funny without being offensive?

Yes, humor can be entertaining and enjoyable without being offensive. It is important to be mindful of different perspectives and avoid stereotypes or derogatory language to ensure that the humor is inclusive and respectful.

4. How do you come up with funny ideas for comics and stories?

Ideas for funny comics and stories can come from various sources, such as personal experiences, current events, pop culture, and even everyday observations. It often takes creativity, imagination, and a good sense of humor to come up with funny ideas.

5. Can humor be used to convey a serious message in comics and stories?

Yes, humor can be a powerful tool to convey a serious message in a lighthearted and engaging way. It can help to break down barriers and make difficult topics more approachable for readers. However, it is essential to use humor sensitively and responsibly when addressing serious issues.