Funny physics related speech?

I know this is silly but it'd be greatly helpful. I'm in grad school for astrophysics AND have a full time job in an office (media). The office is amazing, the people are great. I've been here for about 8 months now. One of the most liked co-workers is moving and leaving us (she just got engaged as well) and we're all supposed to do a mini speech/presentation (solo). I want to be original and add my own flair or add a touch of science but make it somehow funny. Anyone have any ideas?

I'm not super close to her though. She's the loudest/funniest in the office (class clown type). She's born a day after me. Likes super cheesy 90's hip hop and kind of has a dirty sense of humour.

I know this is a loooong shot and no one will probably reply, but if you do I will be most appreciative. I've written countless of papers and speeches, and I'm drawing a blank here.

Answers and Replies

I want to be original and add my own flair or add a touch of science but make it somehow funny. Anyone have any ideas?
Oh boy, I don't know...Maybe if I sat down with a black cup of coffee...

--David St. Hubbins, Spinal Tap

The first part is easy, the way to steal material from another and still be original is simply to steal from more than one. But I don't see how we can help you add your own flair. Perhaps if you gave us an example of your flair we could give it a try.

Evo
Mentor
Wow, being forced to be spontaneous and sincere. I'd tell the person that gave that mandate to come up with something quick.

I'm not super close to her though.
If you do not like her, why do you want to please her?

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Do you want to make this like a whiz-bang type of presentation? Maybe start with a prop and build your speech around it.

Like, lighting a fluorescent bulb in your hand with a Tesla coil...

Tesla6.jpg

...and making some comments about how she "lights up the office" or something corny like that :biggrin:.

drizzle
Gold Member
... You're gonna leave a hole for sure when you leave, but I'm hoping that this will make the team more conductive..err, connected...err, whatever. :tongue:

I'd just wish her good.

Well thanks for the responses. And I realize the 'my own flair' part makes no sense. I was typing it right before I left work. I'd like to clearly add my own flair but since that's clearly going nowhere, I wanted some suggestions. No big deal, no worries. Thanks anyway, everyone.

Edit: Also Lisa, thanks! That's actually very cool. I'm considering it, now to only write my speech around it. Ah we'll see, maybe I will just ~wish her luck~

a touch of science but make it somehow funny ... kind of has a dirty sense of humour.
maybe say something about black holes that could be taken more then one way.