Defending Myself from Accusations: Political Prodigy & Mercator

• Thread starter Clausius2
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around a thread on the forum where the user defends themselves against accusations made by other users. The discussion escalates when one user makes a severe offense and the other responds with insults. The expert advises handling such situations through private messages rather than involving other people and making it a public issue. The conversation also touches upon the importance of understanding the cause and consequence of actions.
Clausius2
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Notwithstanding I have found the thread "Your opinion about Zapatero
closed this morning, I have to defend myself of the accusations made by Political Prodigy and Mercator.

BEFORE I called Mercator stupid (anyone can check this merely taking a look at the thread time sequence), Mercator said:

"Is your family name Franco?"

That's the last straw, the straw that breaks the camel's back. That's a severe offense to me and my family. Franco was the worst thing Spain had in our history. And calling someone Franquist or Franco is one of the worst insults you can say to a spaniard. Due to that, I was authorized to name him stupid, because only a stupid person can do freely such a severe accusation in this forum.

Physics news on Phys.org
Please send a PM to Evo or one of the Admins about your complaint.

I had already pm'd Clausius about the thread. I understood he was provoked and he received no warning, but the thread needed to be closed.

Be sure I am not going to waste any minute at reading a report made by a foreigner about my country. I know better than him what is happening here. Do not say stupid things, because I will have to name you STUPID instead of FRANCO. Measure your words, Mercator. I haven't got anymore to say to you. So please do not write here never again.

That was what you posted Clausius and it was the fact that you asked him to never write there again, the fact that you said "I am not going to waste any minute at reading a report made by a foreigner about my country" and the stupidity comment along with the "I know better than him what is happening here. " That caused my post. You could have easily talked to a mentor or mercator himself through PM's instead of acting foolish.

"Be sure I am not going to waste any minute at reading a report made by a foreigner about my country. I know better than him what is happening here."

:mad: I do not want to get into any trouble so feel free to read my last post on that topic.

All I am saying is that if anyone is to blame it is certainly not me.

Political Prodigy said:
That was what you posted Clausius and it was the fact that you asked him to never write there again, the fact that you said "I am not going to waste any minute at reading a report made by a foreigner about my country" and the stupidity comment along with the "I know better than him what is happening here. " That caused my post. You could have easily talked to a mentor or mercator himself through PM's instead of acting foolish.

"Be sure I am not going to waste any minute at reading a report made by a foreigner about my country. I know better than him what is happening here."

:mad: I do not want to get into any trouble so feel free to read my last post on that topic.

All I am saying is that if anyone is to blame it is certainly not me.

Do you understand the meaning of the words CAUSE and CONSEQUENCE?. That post I wrote and you quoted was the CONSEQUENCE to the offense of Mercator!. Why didn't you quoted the CAUSE, i.e. the offense itself?. If I insult you, how do you think you're going to reply me?. Do you think it is fair that someone quotes that reply after the insult?. Do you think that reply after the insult is going to be polite?

Do you understand the meaning of the words CAUSE and CONSEQUENCE?. That post I wrote and you quoted was the CONSEQUENCE to the offense of Mercator!. Why didn't you quoted the CAUSE, i.e. the offense itself?. If I insult you, how do you think you're going to reply me?. Do you think it is fair that someone quotes that reply after the insult?. Do you think that reply after the insult is going to be polite?

You should have taken it up with a mentor or mercator instead of offending other people in the process of responding to mercator. I did not quote the cause because there was no need to, you were the one that foolishly brought other people into the argument instead of handling the situation properly.

I have to agree with Clausius2 here.
If I as a Norwegian had been compared to Quisling by some participant, I would have spared no insults on that person.
Some accusations are simply too base not to respond to, and comparing a Spaniard to Franco (or for that matter, to Ignatius Loyola (even though he was a Basque)) is simply too offensive.

If I as a Norwegian had been compared to Quisling by some participant, I would have spared no insults on that person.

Exactly to that person, no. But to get other people involve and bring other people into the argument in the process, would you also do that? I do not see the logic in him making it a public thing in that topic or to make it an even bigger deal by starting a thread about the problem in this forum. It doesn't make sense.

In the future, if someone insults you and you wish to quickly report the post, just click on that little triangle with the line in it next to the post. This reports the post to a mentor who can quickly remove the offensive post. If you feel the need to confront someone about their insult to you, please do so via PM.

I'm not confronting myself to anyone here. The fact is that there are some people who got into the confrontation critizising me for being unpolite in my reply. That's a foolish behavior, P.Prodigy. If you had your mouth shut up and been far away from an argument that has nothing to do with you, nothing would happen. Moreover, if you hadn't supported Mercator, nothing would happened with you. Nobody called you.

I have written a clarification here because Evo closed the thread without leaving me the possibility of defending myself from that roaring.

Thanks specially to Arildno for being comprehensive with me.

EDIT:I don't want to blame you P. Prodigy, because the main offense was starred by Mercator, I was only trying to defend myself of two guys critizising me without any reason.

Last edited:
In sports as in life, the retaliation gets seen and called more than the instigation. That may seem a little unfair, but the retaliation is still wrong.

In this case, both have been dealt with. Time to drop this, guys.

russ_watters said:
In sports as in life, the retaliation gets seen and called more than the instigation. That may seem a little unfair, but the retaliation is still wrong.

In this case, both have been dealt with. Time to drop this, guys.

Next time be less philsophic, please, because I have had to spend some energy to look for the word "retaliation" in my dictionary :rofl: :rofl:
You know, it's an Oxford english-spanish dictionary (have you ever seen one like that?), it weighs a lot! :biggrin:

What is the purpose of "Defending Myself from Accusations: Political Prodigy & Mercator"?

The purpose of "Defending Myself from Accusations: Political Prodigy & Mercator" is to provide a detailed account of the author's experiences and actions in the political arena, and to address any accusations or criticisms that have been made against them.

Who is the author of "Defending Myself from Accusations: Political Prodigy & Mercator"?

The author of "Defending Myself from Accusations: Political Prodigy & Mercator" is not specified, as this is a hypothetical scenario. However, in a real-life situation, the author would be the individual who is facing accusations and defending themselves.

What kind of accusations are addressed in "Defending Myself from Accusations: Political Prodigy & Mercator"?

The accusations addressed in "Defending Myself from Accusations: Political Prodigy & Mercator" could vary depending on the specific context, but they could include allegations of corruption, dishonesty, or unethical behavior in the political realm.

Is "Defending Myself from Accusations: Political Prodigy & Mercator" a factual account or a work of fiction?

As a scientist, I cannot provide a definitive answer to this question without knowing the specific details of the scenario and the author's intentions. However, it is important to critically evaluate the evidence presented in the work and consider any potential biases or agendas the author may have.

How can I use "Defending Myself from Accusations: Political Prodigy & Mercator" as a resource?

"Defending Myself from Accusations: Political Prodigy & Mercator" can be used as a resource for understanding how individuals in the political arena respond to accusations and criticisms, and for analyzing the evidence and arguments presented in the work. It can also be used as a case study for discussing ethical dilemmas and decision-making in politics.