Further to this thread

1. *Kia*

*Kia* 18
    Gold Member

Further to this thread https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=309056
    Wolram is currently "indisposed".
    I think you guys probably knew more about his recent situation than family were even aware.
    I am able/willing to be contacted (if pm's fail try kia[dot]glitz[at]googlemail[dot]com).
    Fingers crossed that Wollie Ram will soon be back to his usual, entertaining self.

If the postcard thing is still around I'll gladly send a postcard to anyone in return, as I know it will help bring a smile to his face.

Kia
    Wollie's daughter

2. jcsd
  3. Ivan Seeking

Ivan Seeking 12,520
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Re: Wolram

Thanks for letting us know, Kia. As you know, Wolram has many friends here who love him.

4. Math Is Hard

Math Is Hard 4,915
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Thank you for letting us know, Kia.

Please send him my love and let him know we miss him dearly.

5. turbo

turbo 7,366
    Gold Member

Tell him that turbo sends his best and demands that he get well! We need him!!!

6. Danger

Danger 9,879
    Gold Member

It's great to hear from you again, Kia. I wish that the circumstances were different. I've been in PM contact with the old fart, but it was limited. I really don't know what's going on with him, other than that he's troubled. That's enough for me. He appears to be a great fellow, and almost everyone here considers him a friend. While I can't speak for anyone else, I will say that I will do anything that I'm physically and financially capable of to help. (Unfortunately, that's somewhat limited right now.)
    While he seems to feel that he's alone, we know that he's very fortunate to have such an awesome daughter keeping an eye on him.

7. Kurdt

Kurdt 4,941
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I do hope he feels better soon Kia. Make sure you look after yourself too.

8. ~christina~

~christina~ 824
    Gold Member

I hope he gets better. :frown:

9. RonL

RonL 907
    Gold Member

Best wishes to you Kia, keep us posted as you see fit, and we are looking forward to hear of a fast recovery from Wolram.

Ron

10. *Kia*

*Kia* 18
    Gold Member

Thank you.
    I'll be sure to pass on your kind words and encouragements and I'll update when I know anymore.

11. dlgoff

dlgoff 3,075
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2014 Award

Dang Kia. I'm sure sorry to hear that wolly is still having problems.
    Thank you for letting us know. We are all thinking of him.

12. lisab

Staff: Mentor

I wish him all the best, and a quick recovery.

13. G01

G01 2,687
    Homework Helper

I hope he feels better soon Kia. We all wish him the best!

14. Re: Wolram

I hope all is going well, and to see him back soon. We all miss him dearly!

15. Re: Wolram

The best wishes for Wolram, *Kia*, to get well again soonest.

16. fuzzyfelt

fuzzyfelt 743
    Gold Member

I look forward to more posts from Wolram to enjoy. Best wishes Kia and Wolram.

17. Re: Wolram

I can't even begin to tell you how very much Wolly means to us. Please keep us updated as to his well being. Give him all our love and hugs.

18. Re: Wolram

Not certain what the situation is, but you might want to try taking supplements of Hericium Erinaceum.

"Our research on components of Lion's Mane mushroom (Hericium erinaceum) and their biological activities in cell culture is a case where positive antidementia results in the laboratory have been confirmed by analogous results in human use. In this article, we will introduce both the results from the laboratory and their clinical application."....

"Lion's Mane mushroom, therefore, contains at least two types of compounds--the hericenones and erinacines--that strongly stimulate NGF synthesis in vitro. Both of these types of substances, potentially, can cross the blood-brain barrier. The question is, do these substances work when given orally to human patients?

[FIGURE 3 OMITTED]

To answer this question, a study was done in a rehabilitative hospital in the Gunma prefecture in Japan, with 50 patients in an experimental group and 50 patients used as a control. (23) All patients were elderly and suffered from cerebrovascular disease, degenerative orthopedic disease, Parkinson's disease, spinocerebellar degeneration, diabetic neuropathy, spinal cord injury, or disuse syndrome. Seven of the patients in the experimental group suffered from different types of dementia. The patients in this group received 5 g of dried Lion's Mane mushroom per day in their soup for a 6-month period. All patients were evaluated before and after the treatment period for their Functional Independence Measure (FIM), (24), (25) which is a measure of independence in physical capabilities (eating, dressing, walking, etc.) and in perceptual capacities (understanding, communication, memory, etc.).

The results of this preliminary study show that after six months of taking Lion's Mane mushroom, six out of seven dementia patients demonstrated improvements in their perceptual capacities, and all seven had improvements in their overall FIM score (see Figures 3 and 4). A more extensive clinical study is currently underway to further investigate the findings from this small sample."

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0ISW/is_249/ai_114820665/

Maybe worth a try.

19. brewnog

brewnog 2,793
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oops guess I missed all this. Kia, Wolram, give me a shout if you need anything, I'm not too far away!

20. *Kia*

*Kia* 18
    Gold Member

Update: May 4
    Wolram's much calmer today, managed to get some decent sleep for the first time in ages, which has probably made him feel somewhat better.
    Sends his regards to everyone.

21. Borek

Staff: Mentor

Good :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?