Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Future of specific industries

1. Dec 15, 2013 #1
    Hey guys! I'm just wondering do you know where I can see the growth and total money made by an industry like say robotics or petroleum.

I just wanna see what industry I want to go into when I'm older:)! Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 15, 2013 #2

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Individual companies, if publicly traded, need to make this information public in their annual reports. Those are on the web.

4. Dec 15, 2013 #3
    Oh you can't like look at how much annual profit an industry makes and the forecast.

5. Dec 15, 2013 #4

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

That's not what V indicated. Annual reports and other publications of corporations often contain 'forward-looking statements', although they do not contain their detailed strategy or proprietary information.

There are various organizations to try to look years or decades ahead for trends, but they are rather speculative, although some may be better than others.

And example is Trends Research - http://www.trendsresearch.com/. No endorsement expressed or implied.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook