Future of specific industries

Hey guys! I'm just wondering do you know where I can see the growth and total money made by an industry like say robotics or petroleum.

I just wanna see what industry I want to go into when I'm older:)! Thanks

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Individual companies, if publicly traded, need to make this information public in their annual reports. Those are on the web.

Individual companies, if publicly traded, need to make this information public in their annual reports. Those are on the web.
Oh you can't like look at how much annual profit an industry makes and the forecast.

Astronuc

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Oh you can't like look at how much annual profit an industry makes and the forecast.
That's not what V indicated. Annual reports and other publications of corporations often contain 'forward-looking statements', although they do not contain their detailed strategy or proprietary information.

There are various organizations to try to look years or decades ahead for trends, but they are rather speculative, although some may be better than others.

And example is Trends Research - http://www.trendsresearch.com/. No endorsement expressed or implied.