Future of specific industries

In summary, the conversation discusses where one can find information on the growth and total earnings of industries such as robotics or petroleum. It is suggested that this information can be found in the annual reports of publicly traded companies, which can be accessed online. However, it is noted that these reports may not contain detailed strategies or proprietary information. The conversation also mentions the existence of organizations that predict future trends, such as Trends Research, although their accuracy may vary.
AdrianHudson
Hey guys! I'm just wondering do you know where I can see the growth and total money made by an industry like say robotics or petroleum.

I just want to see what industry I want to go into when I'm older:)! Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Individual companies, if publicly traded, need to make this information public in their annual reports. Those are on the web.

Vanadium 50 said:
Individual companies, if publicly traded, need to make this information public in their annual reports. Those are on the web.

Oh you can't like look at how much annual profit an industry makes and the forecast.

AdrianHudson said:
Oh you can't like look at how much annual profit an industry makes and the forecast.
That's not what V indicated. Annual reports and other publications of corporations often contain 'forward-looking statements', although they do not contain their detailed strategy or proprietary information.

There are various organizations to try to look years or decades ahead for trends, but they are rather speculative, although some may be better than others.

And example is Trends Research - http://www.trendsresearch.com/. No endorsement expressed or implied.

for your question! I can tell you that the future of specific industries is constantly evolving and can be difficult to predict. However, there are some resources that can provide insights into the growth and profitability of certain industries.

One option is to look at industry reports and analyses from reputable sources, such as market research firms or financial institutions. These reports often include data on market size, trends, and projections for specific industries.

Another option is to research the current state and advancements in the field of robotics or petroleum. This can give you an idea of the potential for growth and development in these industries.

Ultimately, the best industry for you to go into will depend on your interests, skills, and goals. It's important to also consider the ethical and societal implications of the industry you choose to pursue. I encourage you to continue exploring and learning about different industries to make an informed decision about your future career path.

1. What industries are expected to grow in the future?

The industries that are expected to grow in the future include technology, healthcare, renewable energy, and e-commerce. These industries are experiencing rapid advancements and have a high demand for skilled professionals.

2. Will automation and artificial intelligence replace human workers in certain industries?

While automation and artificial intelligence may lead to some job displacement in certain industries, they are also expected to create new job opportunities. It is important for workers to continuously update their skills and adapt to new technologies.

3. How will climate change impact specific industries?

Climate change is expected to have a significant impact on industries such as agriculture, tourism, and insurance. These industries may face challenges due to changing weather patterns, natural disasters, and rising sea levels. Companies in these industries will need to adapt and implement sustainable practices to mitigate these effects.

4. What role will globalization play in the future of industries?

Globalization will continue to play a significant role in the future of industries. It allows for easier access to international markets, promotes competition, and encourages innovation. However, it also brings challenges such as increased competition and the need to comply with different regulatory standards.

5. Are there any emerging industries that are expected to have a major impact in the future?

Yes, there are several emerging industries that are expected to have a major impact in the future. These include biotechnology, virtual and augmented reality, and the Internet of Things. These industries have the potential to revolutionize various fields and create new job opportunities.