Future space missions

1. What are the future space missions that you're excited about? (sorry if this thread exists already).

I can't wait for the JWST to get launched. I want to see what it will discover about the early Universe.

Also, I want to see a picture that will be the first decent one of Pluto. New Horizons is arriving there in July 2015, the same month of my birthday :)

What about you?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Chronos

Chronos 9,932
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

JWST is the big dog right now. I have great expectations.

4. The JWST is certainly going to be a big event. I cannot think of a bigger event, in the information it will provide, since we visited the moon in 1969.

5. Rosetta, a European mission that will land on a comet and follow it around the sun, will bring some really amazing results.

6. I am looking forward to the next mission to Europa. Seems like missions there keep getting bumped off the budget. I cant wait until we get an orbiter around there and eventually a lander. will be very exciting to see what we can learn. Personally I find it the most interesting body in the Sytem.

7. Rosetta is exciting!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted