What is time and how does it affect our perception of space and light?

• Thread starter Anuraj Pillay
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Light
In summary: However, the concept of time and our perception of it can be confusing. Looking at the stars, we are essentially looking into the past because the light takes time to reach our eyes. If we were to stop time and view everything around us, we would see the present without a past or future. However, viewing from a telescope with the regular rules in this world would still show us the past. This concept can be difficult to understand, but it reminds us that there is still so much we do not know about the universe. Despite this confusion, we should continue to seek knowledge and understanding. In summary, the concept of time and our perception of it is complex and there is still much to be discovered about the universe.
Anuraj Pillay
Ok please pardon my English and grammer. as its 1 of the subjects i did most poorly at

i would like to start on a topic that has led me to be soo confused and troubled
ive seen and read some of Stevens hawking books. and as it was quoted
to by some physics professor that looking at the stars was like looking back into the past
because of the time that the light takes to travel into Ur eye..
well ok at this point i understand the theory.
but what dose it acctually mean by the past?

If i could state some rules to apply to my general measurement.
lets say. i stopped time. just to view every thing around us. as far as u could imagin.
at this moment. there is no past and no future. every thing is at hault.
and u would travle to the most distant planet away from where ever u are and it would not be what u would have seen from a telescope. because viewing from a telescope with the regular rules in this world. would have mean as i said looking back to the past.!
and so this is where my mind gets realie confused.

1. Zero time . every thing has stopped moving. and u have the power of being any where in the glaxy u wana be.

2.regular time. every thing has been moving how the world would be and with you eyes through the worlds best telescope you would be looking at the past.

Amazingly some times what u see is not what u get.

Past or future. is somthing i do not understand.
but what i have come to realize is that we know soo little of what is there to be known.

thanks for reading.
i hope to hear some feedback soon.
sorry for my english and ect.

Astronomy news on Phys.org
Very true.

As the universe is infinite, there is no way to know everything about everything.

1. What is the concept of time travel?

Time travel is a theoretical concept that involves moving between different points in time. It is often depicted in science fiction, but there is currently no scientific evidence to support the possibility of time travel.

2. How do black holes affect time and space?

Black holes are massive objects with such strong gravitational pull that not even light can escape. Their intense gravity can cause a distortion in the fabric of space and time, known as spacetime, around them.

3. Can we travel faster than the speed of light?

According to Einstein's theory of relativity, the speed of light is the maximum speed that can be achieved by any object in the universe. Therefore, it is currently believed that it is impossible for any object, including humans, to travel faster than the speed of light.

4. What is the theory of relativity?

The theory of relativity, developed by Albert Einstein, is a fundamental concept in physics that explains the relationship between space and time. It states that the laws of physics are the same for all observers in any non-accelerating frame of reference.

5. How does light behave in space?

In the vacuum of space, light travels in straight lines at a constant speed of approximately 299,792,458 meters per second. However, light can be affected by the gravitational pull of massive objects, causing it to bend and appear to slow down.