Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Futuristic technologies

1. Apr 20, 2006 #1
    I dont know if this the right place to ask this question but i hope the moderators will take care of it.

In our school as the part of the Year of physics they are conducting a competition( a presentation basically).

since many of you here are more tallented and more experienced than me so i thaught that asking you about some good futuristic technologies would be a good start. i hope you will name some good ones.

-Benzun

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 20, 2006 #2

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Well in what field? "Futuristic technologies" could be thousands of things.

4. Apr 20, 2006 #3
    I did a report on high tech milltary weapons.I think I can help you with that:
    1)E-BombsThey use an electormagntic pulse to disable enmey electornics.I think this technology is very realistic and possible, it could might even be in testing and there not telling anyone.
    2)sensor-fuzed weapon(SFW) this already being used so it's not that futreistic but it's very high tech.It's a type of cluster bomb that uses smart summations(Bomblets that contain bomblets) they have sensors and small guidnce system they can indivivaul attack gournd targets.The CBU-97 can cover 30 arcres with one bomb:bugeye: !(Who needs nukes?)
    3)Laser weapons:There several weapons that I included in my report(this was longest part in my report).
    wiki-heim theory
    a)The Airborne laser(ABL) weapons System It uses a chemical oxygen Idoine laser attached to a Boeing 747-400f.
    b)High Energy Liquid Laser Area Defense System(HELLADS) it combines both charteristics both of a solid state and liguid based laser.Currently a 1kw prototype has been built there was a 15kw laser execpted to be built by the end of this year(not sure if it has I wrote this report in 2005)
    I had more about lasers but I'am having trouble finding links about it
    This is non-milltray stuff
    NASA's design for anti-matter spacecraft
    This is stuff about the Ftl- Heim QT based propulsion models
    article
    thread 1
    thread 2
    I hope that helps.

5. Apr 22, 2006 #4
    thanks for those. I looking for some that are non battle type. anyway thanks a lot. What do u think about transporters??

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?