G&B Bush call Clinton son?

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

Main Question or Discussion Point

...Bush and Clinton, in part because they have worked so closely on fund-raising efforts, have forged a close friendship in recent months, prompting some humor from former first lady Barbara Bush when she introduced the former presidents.

"It's my great honor to introduce America's favorite new couple," she said. "Everyone is talking about the 'odd couple,' George and Bill — or, as I now call him, Son."...
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/metropolitan/3169855

Is this merely an effort to reduce the divisiveness between the parties, or is this genuine?

Last edited:

Answers and Replies

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Oh yes, at one point Clinton responded: "These two will do anything to get another president in the family".

Pengwuino
Gold Member
All i know is those 2 next to eachother scares me. Clinton looking so old also scares me.

Informal Logic
And more recently Hillary and Newt. It is to reduce polarization. But let's examine why, and who would benefit. IMO I doubt it will work.

Pengwuino said:
All i know is those 2 next to eachother scares me. Clinton looking so old also scares me.
you right pengwuino, clinton looks like he is dying or something,maybe he has cancer, he ate lots of junk food.

Pengwuino
Gold Member
He did have heart surgery... but does that effect your looks much?

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Health problems do seem to age people quickly. I don't know of any quantitative measure of this, but it seems to true.

I keep thinking of a political cartoon that is begging to be sketched. Through the front window of the the Bush Sr. home we see George Sr, Barbara, and Bill all having great time, with George Jr. locked outside pounding on the door. Hillary is hiding in the shrubs and peaking in the window.

BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Pengwuino said:
I know what you mean.

Hillary as first woman President in 2008 & 2012

George P Bush (son of Jeb) as first Hispanic (at least half hispanic) President in 2016 & 2020.

Thirty-six years of the Bush-Clinton dynasty. :rolleyes: