Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

1. Jul 14, 2004 #1
    Not sure who still remembers me 'round here. But i'm coming back. Its been a while i know, i know. But once school starts i'm gonna need lots of help, so i'll definetly be around. I'll be studying E&M physics on my own, so i'll definetly need help there. Plus i'm heading over to a local college to take calc 3 and multi var. Again, i'll be needing guidance. heh.

Anyways. To recap whats happened since i've left you all, i now have a steady bf whom i love dearly. But no worries, my sex life has hardly died down :tongue2: I'll finally, actually be 17 in 3 months, so my sn will soon no longer be decieving. I've decided to get a degree in math, theoretical physics, and if i find time, i want to become and ordained minister. heh. I've decided to go to school in Cali, no i don't know where, nor do i care. Thats just where i want to spend my next 4 years. I got a 1460 on my SATs 800 math (no calculator thank you very much, i'm psyched) and 660 verbal (meh). Other than that, i'm the same gale that left you.

Hope no one missed me too terribly, i'll be chattin' it up with you all again soon.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 14, 2004 #2
    dont know ya, but good luck n' welcome back..
  4. Jul 14, 2004 #3
    Gale – I’ll remember you from this day hence – Aaaah, where you get that picture taken? uuummm?
  5. Jul 15, 2004 #4
    i took that photo myself. One day i was bored and decided to do something interesting. I'll change as soon as i get some new photos. Its blurry and stuff anyways. No worries, i'l get rid of it.
  6. Jul 15, 2004 #5
    wow there's a lot of new people here. I'm looking at all the members online right now, and i only recognize like 3. WOW. pf just keeps growing... huh
  7. Jul 15, 2004 #6
    NO, a thousand times NO! Please --- leave the pic just as it is --- all blurry and stuff. Blurry and stuff, tonight, looks first rate - :)
  8. Jul 15, 2004 #7

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

Why are you hitting on a 16 year-old, Tigers? How old are you?
  9. Jul 15, 2004 #8
    Welcome back, Gale17!

For those who don't know, Gale is singlehandedly responsible for starting more threads with questions about sex than any other member.

She is also the person for whom "The Gale Effect" is named. "The Gale effect" is what happens when 37 male physicists try to answer the simple question of a cute girl with their most technical possible explanation, thinking it will impress her: she keeps repeating the question, they keep thinking she wants to be impressed with more impenetrably technical explanations. The thread grows to book length. The question is never answered.
  10. Jul 15, 2004 #9

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

hi gale! welcome back!
  11. Jul 15, 2004 #10

jimmy p

Gold Member

Hey Gale!!! REMEMBER ME!!! I was on your signature at one point. Glad to have you back. Have you seen my Tribdog?
  12. Jul 15, 2004 #11
    haha. Hey jimmy, of course i remember, how could i forget?!? But sorry no, i haven't seen tribdog anywhere. Hi kerrie, glad to see you're well. And thank you zooby, good recap of the good ole days. its good to be back.
  13. Jul 15, 2004 #12
    Hi Gale.

I want to point out that the Gale Effect that Zooby described can be observed effecting male species other than physicists in nature as well.

Note the effect on Tigers:

He's right though, the picture is nice.

Welcome back.
  14. Jul 15, 2004 #13
    HIYA GALE!!!!
    Funny meeting you in a place like this... :wink:

Good to have ya back.

15. Jul 15, 2004 #14

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Welcome back Gale17. :smile:

I'm glad to hear that things are going so well.
  16. Jul 15, 2004 #15
    Hey Gale. Welcome back.
  17. Jul 15, 2004 #16

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Nice SAT score! :smile: Do all the students have to take SATs before going to college/uni? And wB!
  18. Jul 15, 2004 #17
    Most colleges require either SAT or ACT scores for the application. The exceptions are usually community colleges or weaker in-state schools.

And that's a superb SAT score! Gale's apparently a smart one!

19. Jul 15, 2004 #18

Gold Member

Welcome back, Gale!!! We missed you! Would you like a pet skunk??? :biggrin: (or would you just rather have one of next year's babies named after you? :smile:)
  20. Jul 16, 2004 #19

Ummmmm?!? i think i definetly missed something there.....

But ya, i'm bad eh? bragging about my scores...
    to be honest, they're not that much to be proud of, i just sent a larger copy of that photo in with my answer booklet. :wink:
  21. Jul 16, 2004 #20

Gold Member

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?