Getting the Logitech Gamepad to Work with Games

• Thread starter Dagenais
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Games Work
In summary, the gamepad is not as good as a regular keyboard and mouse, and it is hard to use because there are not enough buttons.
Dagenais
I just bought a new game pad from Logitech.

I'm not a regular gamer, so I was wondering how I can get this gamepad to work with games like Call of Duty, which doesn't even show the option.

For Vice City, it makes me configure the controls every time, and most of the buttons don't even have an effect so I can't play the game completely with the gamepad.

Do the games have to be configured with the game pad previous, like EA NHL series?

This is the one I have:
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=11,CONTENTID=5022

It's being used on my new HP running Windows XP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
Bah, its ok to use a gamepad for EA NHL, but never use them for first person type shooters. Real men use the old keyboard and mouse combo.

gamepad = console
keyboard + mouse = computer

Originally posted by dduardo
Bah, its ok to use a gamepad for EA NHL, but never use them for first person type shooters. Real men use the old keyboard and mouse combo.

You're kidding right?

The gamepad has a better feel, easier to use.

Instead, I'm playing Call of Duty with one hand on the mouse, and the other frantically pounding the keys on the keyboard.

Wasn't there also a saying, "Real men use the command line", and then these "real men", ended-up using a GUI OS?

I don't see how you can get any accuracy with a gamepad. I also don't see how you can have access to all the options available to you. There just aren't enough buttons on a gamepad. When I play Enemy Territory I control about 13+ keys with my left hand and two plus scroll wheel on the right. You can't be any good at the game if you control any less.

Originally posted by dduardo
I don't see how you can get any accuracy with a gamepad. I also don't see how you can have access to all the options available to you. There just aren't enough buttons on a gamepad. When I play Enemy Territory I control about 13+ keys with my left hand and two plus scroll wheel on the right. You can't be any good at the game if you control any less.

Wow.

Lots of multitasking there eh?

As I said before, I'm not a frequent gamer. I'm having trouble turning in Call of Duty. I can't stress how stupid I feel after planting bombs and blowing my self up because I am unable to turn left, and walk forward towards safer ground.

:frown: [b(]

1. How do I connect my Logitech gamepad to my computer?

To connect your Logitech gamepad to your computer, you will need to use a USB cable. Simply plug one end of the USB cable into your gamepad and the other end into an available USB port on your computer. Your computer should automatically recognize the gamepad and install any necessary drivers.

2. Can I use my Logitech gamepad with any game?

It depends on the game. Most newer games should have built-in support for gamepads, but some older games may not be compatible. You can check the game's system requirements or do a quick internet search to see if the game is compatible with gamepads.

3. Why isn't my Logitech gamepad working with my game?

There could be a few reasons why your gamepad is not working with a specific game. First, make sure that your gamepad is properly connected to your computer and that the game you are playing has gamepad support. You may also need to adjust the game's control settings to recognize your gamepad. If all else fails, you may need to update your gamepad's drivers or contact Logitech support for further assistance.

4. Can I customize the buttons on my Logitech gamepad?

Yes, most Logitech gamepads come with software that allows you to customize the buttons and settings to your liking. You can also often customize the buttons within the game's settings menu.

5. How do I troubleshoot if my Logitech gamepad is not working properly?

If your gamepad is not working properly, the first step is to make sure that it is properly connected and that the game you are playing has gamepad support. You can also try updating your gamepad's drivers and checking for any software updates. If the issue persists, you may need to contact Logitech support for further assistance.