1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

GARFIELD on Ubuntu ?

1. Jun 8, 2010 #1

vanesch

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Has anybody succeeded in compiling the gas detector software GARFIELD on ubuntu (lucid lynx 10.4) ?

I've been struggling for more than a week now, and didn't get it up and running - mainly due to the gfortran instead of g77 compiler (I think).

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 14, 2010 #2
    http://0x5f.blogspot.com/2009/10/install-g77-in-ubuntu-904-jaunty.html

Something like above might help... haven't tried on ubuntu, but we've been having to install g77 on some of our machines. The whole gfortran g77 thing has been a head ache for a lot of the older code...

The obvious fall back is to use an older OS that still has g77 (could go virtual machine if you don't have something easily accessible).

edit: Sorry I should have read that link closer, it provides little info. I just meant to say, your most likely solution is going to be to install g77. Not much help I know...

4. Jun 14, 2010 #3

vanesch

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Ok, thanks :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook