Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Gas field temperature gauges

1. Jun 23, 2015 #1
    Hi,

I Have one Temperature gauge with 2Meter Cpillary. Range is 0-250Deg Centigarde. it was field with Nitrogen gas immersion length (sensing element) was 100mm in the process.
    How much gas should field to get the 250Deg Centigarde temperature. and how much pressure is required to field the 'X' amount of gas.

How to calculate these kidly let me know.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 23, 2015 #2
    Hi,
    I have question on gas field temperature gauges. Question: I have a tube OD 10 mm X 1.0 mm WT(wall Thickness) X 100 mm. Temperature range '0 to 50 Deg Centigrade. I want to fill the Nitrogen gas in the tube.

Total Tube Length: 200 mm & Imersion length: 100mm. (i.e; Imersion length is nothing but sensing element, which is used in process).

1. how much gas should fill it?
    2. How much pressure is required to fill 'X' amount of gas?

Kindly help me out on this.

Read More at: http://www.instreng.com/community/media/the-differential-pressure-flow-measuring-principle-orifice-nozzle-venturi-youtube.4/ [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2017
  4. Jun 24, 2015 #3

Baluncore

Science Advisor

The gas volume needed will depend on the gauge or sensor fitted to the tube.

What is the make and model of the tube you are using ? Please attach a link to manufacturers site.
    What is the make and model of the gauge you are using ? Please attach a link to manufacturers site.

Why do you give a link to Flow Measurement if you want to measure Temperature?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook