1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Gas/fluid dynamics

1. Sep 17, 2010 #1
    I was wondering if somebody could help me out:
    Today out of boredom, I was thinking about physics and cars and it sparked a question. I recently learnt about incompressible fluid flow and how it is possible to theoretically calculate change in velocity of a fluid flowing through a tube with different cross-sectional areas if the fluids flow rate is constant. I was wondering if there is a way to determine the flow rate of a compressible fluid and also how to convert this flow rate into pressure if it is flowing into an enclosed area of known volume. For instance, a turbine on a engine creates pressure within the intake system by forcing air into the system. So, I want to know which formulae I should use to first - find the compressible from rate and second - convert it into pressure within a container of known volume

Thank you,
    Savage147
    :biggrin:

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted