Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Gas Producing Chemcial Reactions

1. Jul 11, 2006 #1
    If you read my ealier post "Acid Reaction" about an experiment involving The Works Toilet Bowl Cleaner and Aluminum Foil. Since I now know what I make when I do something like that, I'm gunna start a search for alternative reactions. I know of ONE kinda of alternative. Which is Baking Soda and Vinegar. I did that once, but if didn't creat enough pressure, for the Bottle to burst - we had to throw it 38 feet in the air. I know for a fact that nothing dangerous is produced when this is done - nor is it as illegal as Dry Ice and Water, or The Works and Aluminum. It's very cost inneffective and I believe my method may be flawed.

Procedure:
    I fill the bottle with Baking Soda until it reaches the bottom of the label. Then, taking a vegatable bag from Meijer I stuff it into the bottle. I then fill the bag with vinager. Very ineffecient, no?

So, I came here to find assistance. Alls I need to know, two chemicals that when put togather will create a gas. Making 300 or more PSI. Or atleast 150. Thank you all!

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted