1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Gas Turbine Plant, Calcs

1. May 3, 2007 #1
    Going to be honest this is a ibt of homework i have been set but from the note i hae it doesnt make any sense what so ever! so any help would be greatly appreciated :-)

A gas turbine plant is fuelled by Methane,. After compresssion the air and fuel enter the combustion chamber at a temp of 600K and excess air is supplied in order to limit the temp of the combustion products to 1200K after steady flow, adiabatic combustion.

1) Illustrate the combustion process on a temp-enthalpy axes (have got this question right i believe but wouldnt hurt to double check my graph)

2) Find the volumetric air-fuel-ratio used

3) What air-fuel-ratio would be required to achieve the maximum temp of the combustion products?

As mentioned before and help what so ever would help, even jsut a push in the right direction.

Cheers guys!
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted