1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Gass laws, pressure

1. Dec 26, 2012 #1
    Hi all ... thanks in advance to anyone who helps me out ...it should be simple , i need some formulas .. for example

1. Find the mass of an cargo that can be moved by using a hydraulic piston pump if D=1,7m and d=400mm=0,4m and force is 300hN. If force goes up by 10% find the pressure and new mass

I remember the main one F1/d1^2= F2/d2^2

It's easy to find F2 but how to find a mass and pressure?

Is pressure p = F2/A2 where A2 is D^2*Pi / 4 ??? and how to find this "d" in A2 ?

And second question is on which pressure will NH3 have density of 1.65g/dm3 if temperature is -30C or 243,15K

pV=nRT .. right?

Or how many liters of gass can we get if volume of gass, on temperature of 333,15K and p of 0.7, is 250l.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 26, 2012 #2

SteamKing

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Hint: pistons are usually circular. Think you can find the pressure knowing the diameter of the piston and the applied force?

4. Dec 26, 2012 #3
    maybe yes no ?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook