Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Gate Valve Schematic Question

  1. Feb 18, 2017 #1
    I've come across a gate valve schematic symbol that I can't find any information on. It is the standard symbol with a small arrow pointing out from the side of it. I am working with an air system, and it uses two valves of this design according to the schematic. Can anyone tell me the specifics of this type of valve? Please see attached photo.

    Any help is most appreciated.

    Attached Files:

  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 18, 2017 #2


    Staff: Mentor

  4. Feb 18, 2017 #3


    User Avatar

    The arrow part of the valve would generally indicate the type of valve operator but I have never seen nor does a review of the standard symbols of valves and operators reveal the use of the arrow type symbol. I recommend you contact the organization that provided the drawing with this valve symbol for its clarification. It may not be a gate valve.
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted