1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

GAtech or Clemson

1. Jul 10, 2013 #1
    I am a SC resident looking to get into aerospace engineering. I have been accepted to both Clemson and Georgia tech as a transfer student but which school should I attend considering the following:
    -Clemson does not have an undergrad aerospace program while GT's is rated in the top 5 internationally
    -Clemson will cost me ~5-10,000 a year where GT will be ~30-40,000 a year
    -I plan to attend grad-school
    My big question is the added debt that I will accrue at GT worth it
    will the GT name and the career specific degree outweigh the cost

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 10, 2013 #2
    I say go to Clemson and save a lot of money just because you are an in-state student. Plus I love how the whole city is built around the school.

4. Jul 10, 2013 #3

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

How do you plan to get into aerospace engineering if your school doesn't have a program in it?

5. Jul 10, 2013 #4
    My understanding is that a large number of aerospace engs. do mechanical eng. as their undergrad and move from there, though I might be wrong.

6. Jul 10, 2013 #5

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

OK, let's go one more level, then. Why do you think a graduate school in aerospace engineering will accept you over a candidate with a degree in aerospace engineering?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook