1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Gaussian distribution problem

1. Mar 11, 2010 #1
    Q.

(Something), (Something) and (Something) is at the centre of distribution.(bell curve)

The mean? And i dont know - I've read through my maths book(s) and several other sources of information and can not find any information.

Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 11, 2010 #2
    Re: Distribution

And how are we supposed to find out what (Something) is? And is there
    a question in there?

4. Mar 11, 2010 #3

LCKurtz

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Three common measures for the "center" of a distribution are mean, median, and mode. Perhaps this is referring that for an unskewed normal distribution they are all the same?

5. Mar 14, 2010 #4

Willem2, You see that 'Q' at the start of the thread, that means Question! He means that at the centre of a normal distribution bell curve, there are three pieces of information that are avaliable to be found out by using just the middle of this curve. i.e. 'Something,Something and Something' these are just stating that there are three variables he is trying to figure out.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook