Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Gay Penguins

1. Dec 25, 2004 #1

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I guess this will quiet those that say this behavior isn't found in nature.

Researchers find gay penguins in Japanese aquariums

TOKYO (AFP) - Researchers have found a number of same-sex pairs of penguins at aquariums in Japan, with an imbalance between the numbers of male and female birds suspected to be the cause, a report said.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1503&e=8&u=/afp/sciencejapananimalspenguingay

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 25, 2004 #2

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

This isn't new.

Award-winning investigative journalists from the Daily Show first broke the story of gay penguins in the Central Park Zoo.

4. Dec 25, 2004 #3

Evo

Oh, of course the first gay penguins were from New York. :mad:

5. Dec 25, 2004 #4

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

I could only imagine how Microsoft will use this information in their "Get the Facts " campaign:

Only **** use Linux.

6. Dec 25, 2004 #5

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

A biologist once stated that about 15% of all seagulls are lesbians. I never noticed!

7. Dec 25, 2004 #6
    that makes me feel so much better. It's been bothering me for years. I tried to have sex with a midget nun, but she wouldn't give it up. I thought it was something about me, but maybe she wasn't a midget nun, but a lesbian penguin. Explains a lot.

8. Dec 25, 2004 #7

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

And then there's the Honorable Order of Macintosh Operators... I guess Microsoft is all that's left!

9. Dec 25, 2004 #8
    everyone in here has a fancy nametag

10. Dec 25, 2004 #9

Evo

Honorable Order of Macintosh Operators <snort>

11. Dec 26, 2004 #10

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Evo's snorting her Macintosh Operators again.

12. Dec 26, 2004 #11

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I am very worried about Bear, our male Pomerian, he really fancys Fuzzy, Our used to be male CAT! He is always chasing him around, licking the things dogs like to lick and even attempting to .... This is a family board. Meanwhile, he shows little interest in Pinky, the female cat. What is a cross species gay creature called?

13. Dec 26, 2004 #12
    a transpetite

14. Dec 26, 2004 #13

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

LOL!

I think Fuzzy sees him as a transpestite!

15. Dec 27, 2004 #14
    They first noticed the behavior when two male penquins began to show remarkable taste in decorating their nest and respond positively to Barbara Streisand albums and show tunes.

16. Dec 28, 2004 #15
    Did those scientists find any evidence of any sexual behaviour between them?
    As it is said, since they are in captivity, they could just be shring their grief. Homosexuality is not a natural behavior between animals at all.

hhegab

17. Dec 28, 2004 #16
    I'm still shocked that people are actually still saying this, I once saw a male dog hump a male cat! Whats up with that!!

18. Dec 29, 2004 #17

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

Last I heard, I believe there were 136 species that are known to display homosexual behavior in the wild. Bonobos are probably the most prolific - all they do is screw and a huge percentage of males only have sex with other males. Homosexuality is a natural behavior for many animals.

19. Dec 29, 2004 #18

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Could you please point us to some scientific studies that make this conclusion ?

20. Dec 29, 2004 #19
    Also don't forget the male dog humping male cat example.

21. Dec 29, 2004 #20

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Edit: whoops missed the second page.

Obviously you haven't spent much time around animals. Our dominant male cat used to rape our submissive sissy boy cat nightly. We could hear poor Dipster screaming for help, but there was no stopping it.

He was in counseling for years afterwards.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?