GCSE exams soon. with some revision.

In summary, the conversation revolves around a student seeking help with their GCSE physics exams. They ask for any general advice, but are advised to be more specific in their questions as most people on the platform are not familiar with the GCSE syllabus. The conversation also suggests finding out the exam board and using online resources such as past papers and mark schemes for revision. The student is encouraged to ask for clarification on specific concepts when needed.
Blackout-Bill
Hi this is my first one so i need help. I have GCSE physics exams soon and i need some help with revision. Just tell me anything that you can that you will think will help me. Thanks

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Thats a bit vague really. It would be better if you asked your own questions about things you find difficult when revising. Most people on here are American and have no idea what a GCSE syllabus contains. I'm British and I don't know. So if you ask about specific things then people can pass on their knowledge in that area.

Thanks I am not really sure what the tests are on but its most likely basic high school physics. just give me anything that you think i shall find usefull.

General advice would be to find out what exam board you are taking the exam with. Most exam boards now have websites where you can download your exact syllabus which is handy for revision. They also have past papers and mark schemes so you can see exactly what the examiners are looking for for particular types of question. Also if you get stuck on any particular concept when you're revising come here and ask about it, and hopefully someone can clarify that for you.

1. What is the best way to prepare for GCSE exams?

The best way to prepare for GCSE exams is to start early and create a study schedule. Make sure to cover all the topics and practice past papers to get a better understanding of the exam format. It is also important to take breaks and get enough rest to avoid burnout.

2. How much time should I spend revising each day?

This varies for each individual, but it is recommended to spend at least 2-3 hours revising each day. It is important to have a balance and not overwork yourself. Make sure to take breaks and maintain a healthy lifestyle.

3. Is it better to revise alone or with a study group?

Both have their benefits, so it is recommended to try a combination of both. Study groups can help with understanding difficult concepts and discussing different perspectives. However, revising alone allows for a more focused and personalized study session.

4. How many hours of sleep should I get before an exam?

It is important to get enough rest before an exam, so aim for at least 8 hours of sleep. This will help you stay focused and perform at your best during the exam.

5. How can I manage my stress and anxiety during exam season?

Exam season can be a stressful time, so it is important to find ways to manage your stress and anxiety. This can include taking breaks, practicing deep breathing exercises, and talking to a trusted friend or family member. It is also important to maintain a healthy lifestyle and get enough rest.