Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

GCSE maths coursework

Tags:
  1. Dec 12, 2005 #1
    right:

i am doing my GCSE maths coursework, about handling data. one of my hypothesis' is:

"i think that people who are good at estimating the size of angles will also be good at estimating the length of lines"

SO, i have collected my data. my teacher said that because the two estimates are of different actual numbers, i need to work out the percentage difference between the estimate and the actual measurement.

i am trying to work out spearmans for the two data sets, so i worked it out, and i got 0.17. i then drew a scatter graph, and bingo, no correlation. i then remembered that i had left out the 1- part of the spearmans formula, so i re did the calculation, and got 0.83.

but there is still no correlation on the graph, as it hasnt changed, so basically it says no correlation, and spearmans says there is.

i am very confused. please help, it is due in TOMORROW!!! :eek: :eek:

thanks in advance.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2005
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted