1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

GCSE maths coursework

Tags:
  1. Dec 12, 2005 #1
    right:

i am doing my GCSE maths coursework, about handling data. one of my hypothesis' is:

"i think that people who are good at estimating the size of angles will also be good at estimating the length of lines"

SO, i have collected my data. my teacher said that because the two estimates are of different actual numbers, i need to work out the percentage difference between the estimate and the actual measurement.

i am trying to work out spearmans for the two data sets, so i worked it out, and i got 0.17. i then drew a scatter graph, and bingo, no correlation. i then remembered that i had left out the 1- part of the spearmans formula, so i re did the calculation, and got 0.83.

but there is still no correlation on the graph, as it hasnt changed, so basically it says no correlation, and spearmans says there is.

i am very confused. please help, it is due in TOMORROW!!! :eek: :eek:

thanks in advance.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2005
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted