Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Geeks and Nurds and others

1. Oct 31, 2004 #1
    Ok guys [girls as well]: since all of us are "nice" PF member, and Uncle Greg will be "not happy" if somenbody is lying, i wanna ask:

Are you, and or least you think, A Geek or A Nurd?

I was a former "Geek Nurdy wanna be" then i found it difficult to become so...even i am hard worker..but i appreciate the "Too much hard workers" efforts to make us have a happy life...making weapons of mass distruction...and made be communicate with people i might will never see in my life [may be in the after life] from my house :biggrin:

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 31, 2004 #2

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

I'm not a Turd, but possibly a Nerd..

4. Oct 31, 2004 #3
    Lol... turd. Grand.

It's difficult to say really. I mean, I don't really try in school, I make stupid mistakes (last test, I copied down 2 questions wrong............), but I tend to extremely well on things I care about (not art). I make nerdy jokes all the time, which is actually pretty funny (I think)... hmm... but I'm also fare quite well in most sports...

Can I be both? :D

5. Oct 31, 2004 #4
    I'm a geek. I think. :S

6. Oct 31, 2004 #5

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

It's not my fault his spelling is atrocious in all his posts..:grumpy:

7. Oct 31, 2004 #6
    Is this a question where I'm supposed to choose "geek" or "nerd" and those are the only two choices? or is it a yes/no question? Growing up I was a nerd, then sometime after graduation I suddenly became good looking, and wasn't a nerd. now I am starting to get back into the books and nerd stuff, but I come across as being not a nerd, but superior.

8. Oct 31, 2004 #7
    I thought I was both but I was told I was neither and just very intelligent. Interesting. :tongue2:

The Bob (2004 ©)

9. Oct 31, 2004 #8
    One day i had not quarter. So i wrote a computer program to flip a coin for me.

I am a nerd.

10. Oct 31, 2004 #9
    I thought that was funny. guess I'm a nerd too.

11. Oct 31, 2004 #10
    I habitually forget the difference between the two and sometimes may ask for someone to clue me back in again. At this point I don’t know which one I’d be but I’m thinking neither.

12. Oct 31, 2004 #11

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I'm trying to be a nerd. :(

13. Oct 31, 2004 #12

Tsu

Gold Member

If I'm married to a nerd, does that count? and does it also make me guilty by association? :eek:

14. Oct 31, 2004 #13
    Yes Tsu, it does. Sorry.

15. Oct 31, 2004 #14

Tsu

Gold Member

Doesn't a guy geek wear high-water pants and his belt half-way up his chest? (Picturing Bill Murray as Todd on SNL's Todd and Lisa skits. Gilda Radner's Lisa was a perfect girl geek) :rofl: :rofl: Nerds are the brainy science types. (or am I dating myself here, and this has all changed?) :grumpy:

16. Oct 31, 2004 #15

I dress sociably, ergo I am am a nerd, not a geek. Geek = poor social out cast. Nerd = person who should be, but is just sly enough to slip into society when he feels like it.

17. Oct 31, 2004 #16
    I dress in plaid shirts every day so that probably classifies me as a geek. They are Gap shirts though. I probably am a social outcast but it's mostly my own doing. I'm a social butterfly in the summertime but in school it's all business so there's more evidence of geekdom. I don't like scifi or D&D-type things though. I tried :biggrin:

18. Oct 31, 2004 #17
    You failed.

B+.

19. Nov 1, 2004 #18

Tsu

Gold Member

:eek: :eek: I was afraid so...

20. Nov 1, 2004 #19
    I thought a geek was someone who bit the heads off of live chickens and stuck ice picks up their nose.

21. Nov 1, 2004 #20
    Do you have health insurance?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?