Are You a Geek or a Nerd? Exploring the Fine Line Between the Two

• Thread starter Moses
  • Start date
In summary: Then you can pay for tribdog's therapy.I'm too dumb to be either. What does that make me? (other than thick)If you're socially unaccepted as well as dumb, according to definition you would be a "dweeb". Haha, I mean, who actually makes these definitions... :rolleyes:
Moses
Ok guys [girls as well]: since all of us are "nice" PF member, and Uncle Greg will be "not happy" if somenbody is lying, i want to ask:

Are you, and or least you think, A Geek or A Nurd?

I was a former "Geek Nurdy want to be" then i found it difficult to become so...even i am hard worker..but i appreciate the "Too much hard workers" efforts to make us have a happy life...making weapons of mass distruction...and made be communicate with people i might will never see in my life [may be in the after life] from my house :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm not a Turd, but possibly a Nerd..

Lol... turd. Grand.

It's difficult to say really. I mean, I don't really try in school, I make stupid mistakes (last test, I copied down 2 questions wrong...), but I tend to extremely well on things I care about (not art). I make nerdy jokes all the time, which is actually pretty funny (I think)... hmm... but I'm also fare quite well in most sports...

Can I be both? :D

I'm a geek. I think. :S

Zeteg said:
Lol... turd.
It's not my fault his spelling is atrocious in all his posts..:grumpy:

Is this a question where I'm supposed to choose "geek" or "nerd" and those are the only two choices? or is it a yes/no question? Growing up I was a nerd, then sometime after graduation I suddenly became good looking, and wasn't a nerd. now I am starting to get back into the books and nerd stuff, but I come across as being not a nerd, but superior.

I thought I was both but I was told I was neither and just very intelligent. Interesting. :tongue2:

The Bob (2004 ©)

One day i had not quarter. So i wrote a computer program to flip a coin for me.

I am a nerd.

franznietzsche said:
One day i had not quarter. So i wrote a computer program to flip a coin for me.

I am a nerd.
I thought that was funny. guess I'm a nerd too.

I habitually forget the difference between the two and sometimes may ask for someone to clue me back in again. At this point I don’t know which one I’d be but I’m thinking neither.

I'm trying to be a nerd. :(

If I'm married to a nerd, does that count? and does it also make me guilty by association? :eek:

Yes Tsu, it does. Sorry.

BoulderHead said:
I habitually forget the difference between the two and sometimes may ask for someone to clue me back in again. At this point I don’t know which one I’d be but I’m thinking neither.

Doesn't a guy geek wear high-water pants and his belt half-way up his chest? (Picturing Bill Murray as Todd on SNL's Todd and Lisa skits. Gilda Radner's Lisa was a perfect girl geek) :rofl: :rofl: Nerds are the brainy science types. (or am I dating myself here, and this has all changed?) :grumpy:

Tsunami said:
Doesn't a guy geek wear high-water pants and his belt half-way up his chest? (Picturing Bill Murray as Todd on SNL's Todd and Lisa skits. Gilda Radner's Lisa was a perfect girl geek) :rofl: :rofl: Nerds are the brainy science types. (or am I dating myself here, and this has all changed?) :grumpy:

I dress sociably, ergo I am am a nerd, not a geek. Geek = poor social out cast. Nerd = person who should be, but is just sly enough to slip into society when he feels like it.

I dress in plaid shirts every day so that probably classifies me as a geek. They are Gap shirts though. I probably am a social outcast but it's mostly my own doing. I'm a social butterfly in the summertime but in school it's all business so there's more evidence of geekdom. I don't like scifi or D&D-type things though. I tried :biggrin:

vsage said:
I tried :biggrin:

You failed.

B+.

franznietzsche said:
Yes Tsu, it does. Sorry.
:eek: :eek: I was afraid so...

I thought a geek was someone who bit the heads off of live chickens and stuck ice picks up their nose.

tribdog said:
I thought a geek was someone who bit the heads off of live chickens and stuck ice picks up their nose.

Do you have health insurance?

Well, I was hoping to avoid the 'real' definition. Leave it to tribdog... :biggrin:

NEXT!

franznietzsche said:
Do you have health insurance?

Yeah, it's called the "I'll take whatever Ozzie's got" insurance.

Gokul43201 said:
Yeah, it's called the "I'll take whatever Ozzie's got" insurance.

Then you can pay for tribdog's therapy.

I'm too dumb to be either. What does that make me? (other than thick)

If you're socially unaccepted as well as dumb, according to definition you would be a "dweeb". Haha, I mean, who actually makes these definitions up?

Everyone here is a nerd. Come on, this is a physics forum! But that doesn't mean you can't be a hansom, popular, body-building scientist like me. :tongue2:

Entropy said:
Everyone here is a nerd. Come on, this is a physics forum! But that doesn't mean you can't be a hansom, popular, body-building scientist like me. :tongue2:

Of course it doesn't. But our commitment to science does. We aren't allowed to violate the laws of physics. Noteven the ones i make up so that my schizoid hallucinations make sense.

franznietzsche said:
Of course it doesn't. But our commitment to science does. We aren't allowed to violate the laws of physics. .
We aren't? Damn!
what am I supposed to do with this new warp drive engine I just invented?

Hey tribdog! Chill out and have a good sleed inside it.Enjoy your dreams there :rofl: :rofl:

Mmmm... quite intersting that i got a bunch of Geeks, Nerds here

So Civilization builders, I want to hear you peer tutoring on X guy [Gril?] was a Nerd, almost a Geek. But then he left both...is it better for him and how he [She??] can return to just a Geek only or a Nerd only. Enlightment required!

P.S: brainy boys/girls; That "being" treid eating books and having two eggs and a milk cup at breakfast, but it does not work to restore anything. He is drowning...drowning! :cry: :cry: :cry:

gerloiinn aspi apple butter. hahaha

Moses said:
Hey tribdog! Chill out and have a good sleed inside it.Enjoy your dreams there :rofl: :rofl:

Mmmm... quite intersting that i got a bunch of Geeks, Nerds here

So Civilization builders, I want to hear you peer tutoring on X guy [Gril?] was a Nerd, almost a Geek. But then he left both...is it better for him and how he [She??] can return to just a Geek only or a Nerd only. Enlightment required!

P.S: brainy boys/girls; That "being" treid eating books and having two eggs and a milk cup at breakfast, but it does not work to restore anything. He is drowning...drowning! :cry: :cry: :cry:

One of us has finally lost our marbles.

maybe it is cos he is such a genius. All geniuses are insane.