Which Gender Do You Identify With? Vote Now!

• Thread starter cefarix
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Poll
In summary, neither the penguin nor the dragqueen identify with the binary gender system. They are both genderfluid and believe that sex is impossible.

What are you?

• Male

Votes: 36 73.5%
  • Female

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • Both

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters
cefarix
Let's have your say :rofl:

Physics news on Phys.org
Neither. I'm a penguin.

Must.. resist.. urge... to say "none of the above"...

I'm disappointed you can't tell from my name, itself.

I'd be disappointed if someone couldn't tell from my name...

zoobyshoe said:
I'm disappointed you can't tell from my name, itself.
Well, don't zoobies have three sexes? Or was that the nocturnally roving purple jellyfish? I sometimes get confused on the more exotic species. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Well, don't zoobies have three sexes? Or was that the nocturnally roving purple jellyfish? I sometimes get confused on the more exotic species. :biggrin:
I'm dissapointed you can't tell how many sexes there are from the name, itself.

The false western dichotomy of male vs. female is just that. False. I refuse to be subject to these alienable classes.

Smurf said:
The false western dichotomy of male vs. female is just that. False. I refuse to be subject to these alienable classes.

dragqueen.

I am a Barbie, with an injection-molded plastic pelvis. Gender is obvious. Sex is, well.. impossible.:wink: :biggrin:

Math Is Hard said:
Sex is, well.. impossible.

People have sex with plastic parts all of the time...where have you been?

Townsend said:
People have sex with plastic parts all of the time...where have you been?
:rofl: :rofl:
Living in Southern California, you'd think I would know better!

Your poll doesn't cover all possibilities. I, for instance, am "both" and "neither" simultaneously.

I feel so discriminated against...

Math Is Hard said:
:rofl: :rofl:
Living in Southern California, you'd think I would know better!
Barbie would have no conception.

Archon said:
Your poll doesn't cover all possibilities. I, for instance, am "both" and "neither" simultaneously.

You must be one of those quantum sex people...interesting.

Math Is Hard said:
I am a Barbie, with an injection-molded plastic pelvis. Gender is obvious. Sex is, well.. impossible.:wink: :biggrin:
Reminds of the the joke about the little kid looking lost in the toy store. A store attendant walks up to her and asks her what she wants. She says she's looking for a set with Barbie and Action Man, but can't find it anywhere. The attendant replies that this is because Barbie only comes with Ken. "That's not true", retorts the little girl, "she fakes it with Ken !"

Archon said:

Are you saying that your parents had three children - one of each? :)

Gokul43201 said:
Reminds of the the joke about the little kid looking lost in the toy store. A store attendant walks up to her and asks her what she wants. She says she's looking for a set with Barbie and Action Man, but can't find it anywhere. The attendant replies that this is because Barbie only comes with Ken. "That's not true", retorts the little girl, "she fakes it with Ken !"
:rolleyes: Smartass kids nowadays...

Pengwuino said:
Neither. I'm a penguin.

And as we all know, penguins are in fact asexual.:uhh:

Math Is Hard said:
:rofl: :rofl: Love it!

I voted male.

My IsoMorphism forced me to vote male.

Can't see the question

zoobyshoe said:
I'm dissapointed you can't tell how many sexes there are from the name, itself.
Thats easy .. .. .. All of them.

I already Answered this Question in another thread, in these foruminuminums, Here Case you would care to know, otherwise, Sex?

LD
Yes Turtle, I know, don't tell them. .. .. ..

Lets Hear it for +

Smurf said:
Me too, I always preferred Male & Female or Female & Male this VS thing causes lots of 'other' social Problems.

I refuse to answer until you include an "All of the Above" choice at the end of the list. :biggrin:

Okay, I answered honestly.

1. What does it mean to identify with a gender?

Identifying with a gender refers to a person's internal sense of self and their personal understanding of what gender means to them. It is a deeply personal and individual experience that can differ from person to person.

2. How many genders can someone identify with?

The concept of gender identity is complex and constantly evolving. While some people may identify as male or female, others may identify as non-binary, genderqueer, or another gender identity. There is no definitive number of genders that someone can identify with.

3. Can someone's gender identity change over time?

Yes, a person's gender identity can change over time. Gender identity is not a static concept and can be influenced by various factors such as personal experiences, social environment, and self-discovery. It is important to respect and support someone's gender identity, regardless of whether it changes or not.

4. Is gender identity the same as sexual orientation?

No, gender identity and sexual orientation are two separate aspects of a person's identity. Gender identity refers to how someone identifies and understands their own gender, while sexual orientation refers to who a person is attracted to.

5. Why is it important to ask about someone's gender identity?

Asking about someone's gender identity is important because it shows respect and recognition for their individual identity. It allows for open and honest communication and helps to create a more inclusive and understanding society.