Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Gene Wilder (1933 – 2016)

Tags:
  1. Sep 1, 2016 #1
    Gene Wilder (1933 – 2016)
    He was one of my favorite comic actors because of his timing, performances and the number of quite unusual and hilarious characters he played. He gave me many, many good laughs in movies, particularly Start The Revolution Without Me, The Adventure of Sherlock Holmes' Smarter Brother, Young Frankenstein and Blazing Saddles;

From "Start The Revolution Without Me":

From "The Adventure of Sherlock Holmes' Smarter Brother":

From "Young Frankenstein":

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 1, 2016 #2
    Great actor from around my parts. He will be missed!

4. Sep 1, 2016 #3

Choppy

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

I always confused Gene Wilder with Eric Idle (of Monty Python) for some reason. He was a great entertainer.

5. Sep 1, 2016 #4

EnumaElish

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I confuse him with Marty Feldman. They were co-stars in Young Frankestein. Yes, really.

6. Sep 1, 2016 #5

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Peter Ostrum, who played Charlie Bucket in the Willy Wonka movie, had some touching comments about Wilder.
    http://variety.com/2016/film/news/gene-wilder-willy-wonka-peter-ostrum-1201847688/
    Wilder kept his illness a secret so as not to cause concern among children who would identify him as Willy Wonka.

What a wonderful human being.

7. Sep 2, 2016 #6
    Not interested, actors and actresses weren't attractive at all.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted