1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

General Calculus Question

1. Apr 22, 2013 #1
    1. So the question for one of the problems(My teacher made up the problem which is divided into parts but I just had a question in one of them) So the problem is let h = 3+(the last digit of the year in which you were born). Use the conventional Western (Gregorian) calender to determine the year.

3. I tried looking it up and it seemed the year doesn't change for the gregorian calender. In my case my birthday is in 1994. So would it just be h = 3+4 = 7. So h = 7?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 22, 2013 #2

Dick

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I can't see anything wrong with that. But why is this a calculus question?

4. Apr 22, 2013 #3
    Well it's because that value h will be used along with value k and z to calculate the sphere of an equation and using to state whether the spheres intersect each plane. So my h value has to be right. I just wanted to verify if I was doing it correctly. It's vector calculus.

5. Apr 22, 2013 #4

Dick

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Oh, so it's just a trick to make sure not all of the students get exactly the same question?

6. Apr 22, 2013 #5
    Yep that's basically it!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted