General Knowledge question

NPFD

If an Na atom is positively charged and a Cl atom is negatively charged then what creates the repulsion since they have an equalibrium seperation?

Chemistry news on Phys.org
As far as I know, when we are talking charges, we are talking net charges on consideration on the balance of protons and electrons. At large distances, we can generalise this in terms of single "positively charged/negatively charge" particles. But as we get closer, this is no longer true, and other factors come into play, such as proton-proton charge repulsion from the two nuclei.

The repulsion between the positively charged Na atom and the negatively charged Cl atom is due to the electrostatic force between them. This force is a fundamental force of nature that acts between charged particles and is responsible for the repulsion between like charges and attraction between opposite charges. Even though the atoms have an equilibrium separation, the electrostatic force is still present and causes the repulsion between them.

1. What is the purpose of general knowledge questions?

General knowledge questions are designed to test a person's broad knowledge and understanding of various topics and subjects. They are used to assess a person's overall intelligence, education level, and ability to think critically and analytically.

2. How can I improve my general knowledge?

To improve your general knowledge, you can read a variety of books and articles, watch educational documentaries and videos, listen to podcasts, and engage in discussions with others about current events and various topics. It is also helpful to regularly practice solving general knowledge questions and quizzes.

3. Are general knowledge questions important?

Yes, general knowledge questions are important because they help to expand our understanding of the world and increase our overall knowledge and intelligence. They also play a crucial role in educational and job-related assessments and can help us to make informed decisions in our personal and professional lives.

4. What are some common topics covered in general knowledge questions?

General knowledge questions can cover a wide range of topics, including history, science, geography, literature, current events, sports, arts and culture, and more. They may also include questions about basic math, logic, and general knowledge of everyday life.

5. How can I use general knowledge questions in my daily life?

General knowledge questions can be used in your daily life to stay informed about current events, engage in intellectual discussions with others, and expand your understanding of various topics and subjects. They can also be used for entertainment purposes, such as playing trivia games with friends and family.

Suggested for: General Knowledge question

Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies