Need Help with General Physics II Homework? Get Expert Assistance Today!

In summary, the student is struggling with a homework assignment and lacks the necessary resources to complete it. They have attempted some questions but have not been successful and are seeking help on specific questions.
crispykrispy

Homework Statement

See attached

Homework Equations

N/A

The Attempt at a Solution

I tried to do some of this, but I'm not even sure where to start. I'm so confused. I don't have the textbook yet neither as it hasn't come in the mail, so I can't reference it. My professor has a very heavy Indian accent and just does straight verbal lectures, so that doesn't help when taking notes.

Can somebody please help me answer these questions? I think if somebody were to show me how to do a couple of these (1, 2, 6, 7) then I can try to figure out the other ones.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• physics.jpg
    physics.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 443
Physics news on Phys.org
Pick one question and then try to solve it and ask specific questions. Don't throw a whole homework sheet at us and ask for a lecture.

For qn 1: Use the definition of electric flux. Think about how to maximize the flux given a unidirectional field and a flat surface.

Qn 2: You need to use a particular law here. The set-up is symmetrical enough to apply it. Just think of how to find the parameters given in the statement of the law.

Qn 6: Again, think in terms of the law you have to use for qn 2.

Qn 7: Yet again think about the implications of a charged conductor in electrostatic equilibrium. Also you might want to use the same law for qn 2.

Like I said, I tried to work on it. I couldn't solve it. I turned it in and got them wrong. I got 1 right, though.

1. What is the difference between General Physics I and General Physics II?

General Physics II is a continuation of General Physics I, covering more advanced topics and building upon the concepts learned in the first course. General Physics II typically covers topics such as electromagnetism, optics, and thermodynamics, while General Physics I focuses on mechanics and motion.

2. What are some common topics covered in General Physics II?

Some common topics covered in General Physics II are electric and magnetic fields, circuits and currents, optics, and thermodynamics. Other topics may include waves, sound, and modern physics concepts such as relativity and quantum mechanics.

3. How can I prepare for General Physics II?

To prepare for General Physics II, it is important to have a strong foundation in the concepts learned in General Physics I. Reviewing and understanding Newton's laws of motion, kinematics, and basic mathematical concepts such as calculus and algebra can also be helpful.

4. What are some common challenges students face in General Physics II?

Some common challenges students may face in General Physics II include understanding complex mathematical concepts, applying theoretical concepts to real-world problems, and visualizing abstract concepts such as electric and magnetic fields. Additionally, time management and keeping up with the pace of the course can also be challenging.

5. How can I succeed in General Physics II?

To succeed in General Physics II, it is important to attend all lectures and actively participate in class. It is also helpful to regularly review and practice problems, seek help from the professor or teaching assistants when needed, and form study groups with classmates. Staying organized and managing your time effectively can also greatly contribute to success in the course.