Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A General relativity package for Friedman equations

1. Dec 24, 2017 #1
    I need to simulate the Friedman equations under different conditions of flat space. Can someone please tell me a good package in MATLAB, Mathematica or stand alone. I am most well versed in MATLAB but have coded in Mathematica before.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 25, 2017 #2

Orodruin

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2017 Award

Why do you need a package? The Friedmann equations are rather simple and easily numerically integrated for various energy contents of the Universe.

4. Dec 25, 2017 #3
    I am just about to study the Friedman equations. Are they just simple ordinary differential equations? Can inbuilt functions in MATLAB handle coupled ODE's? I primarily want to vary the 'w' parameter to see how the scale factor changes as the universe evolves.

5. Dec 26, 2017 #4

Orodruin

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2017 Award

Yes and yes.

This to me is somewhat suggests that you are going to consider one type of energy component only. If that is all you want to do the Friedmann equations can be solved analytically.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted