Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

General Relativity

1. Nov 25, 2005 #1

dx

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 5, 2006 #2

pervect

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2010
  4. Jul 20, 2006 #3
  5. Apr 17, 2007 #4
    Lectures on Advanced General Relativity

http://sites.google.com/site/winitzki/

contains [among other things] is a set of free lecture notes on advanced stuff like index-free calculations with vectors and tensors, differential forms, null surfaces, asymptotic flatness, singularity theorems, tetrad formalism, and spinors in GR. This is a free book in the sense of FDL.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2010
  6. May 4, 2007 #5

Mentz114

Gold Member

Dx, your link is to an empty page - fancy writing it ?

7. Jun 22, 2007 #6
  8. Jan 20, 2010 #7

dynamicsolo

Homework Helper

Re: Relativity on the World Wide Web - by Chris Hillman

Sadly, this page has since been withdrawn:

"RelWWW has existed for approximately 15 years, but in the past 5 years it has become clear that I lack the time and inclination to properly maintain this website. More seriously, the World Wide Web has not developed in the way I hopefully anticipated back in 1992. Consequently, I have concluded that the site is no longer useful for the hypothetical "serious student" whom I envisioned as the target audience. Therefore, I have deleted it.

- Chris Hillman, June 2007"

This particular link no longer works, BUT it shuttles you to his main page, where he now has extensive links to material on many topics (scroll down to bottom third of page):

http://homepages.physik.uni-muenchen.de/~Winitzki/

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?