1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

General Tips

1. Feb 1, 2008 #1
    hi :smile: ,a newbie here, i accidentally reached here, and now i am in love :!!) with PF, a great portal (o:) ) for physics enthusiast a lot to learn from here, kudos to behind the curtains.
    i am into final year of my graduation ( ofcourse! physics). i would like to know some study techniques that u all adopt while learning. i have a bad memory :frown: i can't remember topics learned although i love learning physics. Each time i learn a new topic the past just remains a past e.g when i jump to mechanics after learning Q.M(quantum mechanics) or something other and after a gap when i reverse to Q.M then i need to scratch my head again from nil sometimes it bit frustating :rolleyes: & u all know time factor.
    so my question is how u guys/gals do ur learning. All ideas are welcome from learning derivations to solving problems etc,etc...
    regards
    :smile:

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 1, 2008 #2
    Well, I'm in first year of my undergrad, so my method is sort of crude and mot time-tested but it has been working for me till now. Whenever I study some new concept, I try to find a question in which the concept can be used. Using it i solve the problem; Now if there is any alternative method to solve it(& know that), i do it to check my first method, else I ask my seniors or profs; in this way I understand the concept(that's what my definition of understanding is). I would be pleased to get comments on my method too.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?