Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

GENIE 2000, LabSocs module, Detector.txt

1. Mar 10, 2016 #1
    Dear all,

I am trying to use built in LabSocs detectors for sourceless calibration of our laboratory detector. In order to quantify possible differences, I wanted to extract the exact geometry of the model, that is presented inside LabSocs. Since my version of the software is very limited, I cannot define or see dimensions of the detector, only sample.

However, I can access Detector.txt file (C:\GENIE2K\ISOCS\DATA\PARAMETERS\DETECTOR.TXT) which contains information I need in the following form:
    Dia=70mm_Planar,69.98,25.18,76.2,88.9,133.4,3.05,5.0,26,BE3825.par,4,

Where:
    69.98 is crystal diameter
    25.18 is crystal height
    76.2 is endcap internal diameter
    88.9 is endcap external diameter
    133.4 is endcap height
    Unfortunately, I could not find or obtain from developers the information about numbers in bold. Can anyone share it?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 15, 2016 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted