Overcoming Exam Anxiety: What Can I Do?

In summary, the speaker is seeking advice on how to improve their performance on exams as they tend to struggle with mind blocks and difficulty recalling key concepts. They are advised to approach exams as if they were doing problems at home and to try to relax before the test.
ambuj123
Well i have this problem not related physics but overall physcology
well i am able to solve most of difficult problems easily at home but whenever i am put in exam like conditions,tests i falter there is some kind of mindblock which sets in and i am not able to get ideas which are central to solving problems.
what should i do to improve this?

:cry:

Physics news on Phys.org
when you're in the exam, don't take it as an exam, take it as doing problems at home.

You are thinking about it to much...probably stressing about it to much to...as Cyclovenom said, just think of it as doing problems at home. Do something that relaxes you before the test.

1. What causes exam anxiety?

Exam anxiety can be caused by a variety of factors, such as fear of failure, perfectionism, lack of preparation, and pressure to perform well.

2. How can I prevent exam anxiety?

To prevent exam anxiety, it is important to establish good study habits and time management skills, practice relaxation techniques, and maintain a positive mindset. Seeking support from friends, family, or a therapist can also be helpful.

3. What are some effective coping strategies for exam anxiety?

Some effective coping strategies for exam anxiety include deep breathing, positive self-talk, visualization, and breaking down the exam into smaller, manageable tasks. It can also be helpful to engage in physical exercise or other stress-relieving activities before the exam.

4. Are there any supplements or medications that can help with exam anxiety?

While there are some supplements and medications that claim to help with anxiety, it is important to consult with a doctor before taking any of these. Additionally, these should not be relied upon as the sole solution for overcoming exam anxiety.

5. What should I do if I experience severe exam anxiety?

If you experience severe exam anxiety that significantly impacts your daily life and academic performance, it is important to seek professional help from a therapist or counselor. They can provide personalized strategies and support to help you manage and overcome your exam anxiety.