Graphing Inequalities in Geometer's Sketchpad

• Thread starter cclancy
  • Start date
In summary, it is possible to graph inequalities in Geometer's Sketchpad, either on a number line or in the plane. Resources and examples for using Sketchpad can be found on various online platforms, such as the mathforum discussion group and personal blogs. If assistance is needed, individuals can reach out to experts for help with understanding and deconstructing specific methods used in Sketchpad sketches.
cclancy
Does anyone know how to graph x > 7 with Geometer's Sketchpad? Is it possible?

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Inequations in Sketchpad

It is possible to graph inequalities on a number line or in the plane.

Shawn Godin supplied the first sketch (see isenegger.ca/GSP/greater_less.gsp) and I am not sure where I picked up the other (isenegger.ca/GSP/inequality3.gsp).

I have been collecting resources for Sketchpad - see mathfest.blogspot.com/2008/05/resources-for-geometers-sketchpad.html, including the mathforum discussion group where questions like this are routinely and professionally answered. If you need any help deconstructing the methods used in either sketch above, you can contact me through my blog.

Hope this helps,

Ross

1. What is Geometer's Sketchpad?

Geometer's Sketchpad is an interactive geometry software that allows users to create and manipulate geometric figures, explore mathematical concepts, and visualize mathematical relationships.

2. What are the main features of Geometer's Sketchpad?

The main features of Geometer's Sketchpad include the ability to create and manipulate geometric figures, measure angles and distances, create dynamic animations, and perform calculations and constructions using a variety of tools and functions.

3. Can Geometer's Sketchpad be used for educational purposes?

Yes, Geometer's Sketchpad is widely used in schools and educational settings to help students learn and understand geometry concepts through hands-on and visual activities.

4. Is Geometer's Sketchpad user-friendly for beginners?

Yes, Geometer's Sketchpad has a user-friendly interface and provides helpful tutorials and guides for beginners to get started with the software.

5. Can Geometer's Sketchpad be used on different devices and platforms?

Yes, Geometer's Sketchpad is available for both Windows and Mac computers, as well as iPads and Chromebooks, making it accessible for use on a variety of devices and platforms.