Where Can I Find Resources for Geometry and Discrete Math in Grade 12?

In summary, the individual is struggling with their grade 12 math class, specifically with topics related to "proof with Analytic geometry" and other types of number proofing. They are seeking suggestions for a book or website with examples aimed at Discrete and Analytic geometry for grade 12 level.
Jarvis Bull Dawg
My life is miserable already first week into grade 12. This stupid book they have given is like Socrates, it asks questions but it only gives ugly pictures and more questions. The examples barely relate to the questions, and our Master Teacher only does examples. Of course I am not a brilliant person, but with raw courage I have achieved 86=% in my grade 11. I don't know what I am doing in that class.

Proof this that and the other. I feel like I am back in my grade 8 French class, I don't know foot from @$$. PLEASE HELP ME!

I learn by example, GUYS SUGGEST A BOOK FOR ME! Of course aimed at proofing with Analytic geometry. :cry:

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Jarvis Bull Dawg said:
My life is miserable already first week into grade 12. This stupid book they have given is like Socrates, it asks questions but it only gives ugly pictures and more questions. The examples barely relate to the questions, and our Master Teacher only does examples. Of course I am not a brilliant person, but with raw courage I have achieved 86=% in my grade 11. I don't know what I am doing in that class.

Proof this that and the other. I feel like I am back in my grade 8 French class, I don't know foot from @$$. PLEASE HELP ME!

I learn by example, GUYS SUGGEST A BOOK FOR ME! Of course aimed at proofing with Analytic geometry. :cry:

Which specific topics are you having trouble with?

Thank you for the reply. :)

Well I am having problems with "proof with Analytic geometry". Also other type of number proofing. If you guys can or do know a book with lots of examples aimed at Discrete and Analytic geometry aimed at Grade 12 Please do post. A website would be good too

What is the difference between geometry and discrete math?

The main difference between geometry and discrete math is their focus. Geometry deals with the study of shapes, sizes and properties of objects in a continuous space, while discrete math deals with the study of objects that can only take on certain values, such as integers or graphs.

How is geometry used in real life?

Geometry has many real-life applications, such as in architecture, engineering, and navigation. It is used to design and construct buildings, bridges, and other structures. It is also used in creating maps and determining the shortest or most efficient routes for transportation.

What is the importance of discrete math?

Discrete math is important because it provides the foundation for many areas of computer science and technology. It is used in coding and cryptography to secure information, in algorithms to solve problems efficiently, and in databases to store and retrieve information. It also has applications in economics, biology, and other fields.

What are some common topics in discrete math?

Common topics in discrete math include logic, set theory, combinatorics, graph theory, and number theory. Logic is used to reason and make deductions, while set theory deals with collections of objects. Combinatorics involves counting and arranging objects, while graph theory deals with networks and relationships. Number theory deals with the properties of numbers and their relationships.

How can one improve their understanding of geometry and discrete math?

One can improve their understanding of geometry and discrete math by practicing problems, working through examples, and seeking help from teachers or tutors. It is also helpful to develop a strong foundation in algebra, as it is closely related to discrete math. Additionally, reading and studying from textbooks or online resources can also aid in understanding these subjects.