Help with Problem 25 and Other Math Problems

• Thread starter EggNest
  • Start date
In summary, The conversation is about a person asking for help with a math problem, specifically problem number 25. They also ask for confirmation on their answers for problems 22, 23, and 24. They then begin discussing a square with a given diagonal and using Pythagoras' theorem to find the length of the sides. They determine that the length of all the sides would be 7.5 sqrt(2), and use the law of sines to find the missing side. The summary concludes with the person stating that they believe problem 22 may be incorrect.
EggNest
Hello everyone,

I need help with a couple of problems, right now I'm focusing on number 25.

http://img24.exs.cx/img24/2291/probs.gif

Also, if any of you have time, could you please tell me if I have missed any so far. Thanks.

22. A= 3768.2 units^2
23. A= 25.3 units^2
24. A= 5.4 units^2

And now if I could just get some help with the others...

Physics news on Phys.org
Now, you've got a square with the diagonal given, right?
So, what's your problem, exactly?

arildno said:
Now, you've got a square with the diagonal given, right?
So, what's your problem, exactly?
I need help going about finding the length of the sides

Sure enough, but:
1) You've got a square, right?
So, how does then the vertical side compare in length to the horizontal side?
2) Try to set up Pythagoras' theorem with the diagonal as the hypotenuse..

The length of all the sides would be 7.5 sqrt(2) right?

We have C from Pythagoras' therom
[tex] a^2 + b^2 = c^2 [/tex]

however for a square
[tex] a=b [/tex]

so
[tex] a^2 + a^2 = c^2 [/tex]
[tex] 2a^2=c^2 [/tex]

[tex] 2a^2=15^2 [/tex]
[tex] 2a^2=225 [/tex]

since area of a square is just a*b and a=b
area equals a*a or a^2 so divide the two out
[tex] a^2=\frac{225}{2} [/tex]

I believe 22 is wrong
23 is right rounded
24 is right rounded

Last edited:
22. by law of sines

[tex]\frac {73}{\sin{\theta}}=\frac{x}{\sin{\theta}} [/tex]

therefore must also be 73
73*73*.5 = 2664.5

1. What is the best approach to solving problem 25 and other math problems?

The best approach to solving problem 25 and other math problems varies depending on the specific problem. However, a good first step is to carefully read and understand the question, and then identify any given information and what is being asked for. From there, you can choose an appropriate method or formula to solve the problem.

2. How can I improve my problem-solving skills in math?

Improving problem-solving skills in math takes practice and patience. Some tips include breaking down problems into smaller, more manageable parts, trying different methods or approaches, and seeking help from a teacher or tutor when needed. Additionally, regularly practicing math problems can help improve problem-solving abilities.

3. What should I do if I am stuck on a math problem?

If you are stuck on a math problem, take a break and come back to it later with a fresh perspective. You can also try talking through the problem with a classmate or teacher. Sometimes, simply explaining the problem out loud can help you identify where you are getting stuck. If all else fails, seek help from a teacher or tutor.

4. How can I check my work and make sure I have the correct answer?

There are a few ways to check your work and ensure you have the correct answer. One method is to use a calculator or online tool to double-check your calculations. Another way is to plug your answer back into the original problem and see if it works. You can also compare your answer to the solutions in the back of the textbook or ask a teacher to review your work.

5. What resources are available for help with math problems, including problem 25?

There are many resources available for help with math problems, including problem 25. Your first resource should be your teacher or tutor, who can provide one-on-one assistance. There are also online resources such as math forums, instructional videos, and practice problem websites. Additionally, many schools offer math tutoring services or have a math help center where you can get extra support.