Help with Basic Descriptive Geometry Tools

In summary, the conversation is about a person seeking a simple software for descriptive geometry, specifically for orthographic projection of planes. They have seen a software on YouTube but do not know its name. They are considering reaching out to someone for help on Facebook and have also been recommended Cinderella and a list of other interactive geometry software. However, they have not been able to obtain the information they need.
medwatt
Hello,
I have been trying to help a friend of mine some descriptive geometry like orthographic projection of planes etc . . . I was wondering if someone can recommend a simple software that has the very basic construction tools like a ruler, compass, protractor etc so as to record some of the steps for reference. I have seen a software on youtube but could not get its name.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Perhaps post a VERY polite and simple comment on his Facebook page asking him the name and source of the software he uses. Apologize for not knowing spanish, tell him you want to help others by using this software and thank him for his answer. That might get you the answer you need.

You can also look at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinderella_(software )
and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_interactive_geometry_software
but I don't know if either of those will get you exactly what you need.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have asked him kindly to tell me but to no avail !

1. What is basic descriptive geometry?

Basic descriptive geometry is a branch of mathematics that focuses on the visualization and representation of three-dimensional objects and their relationships in space. It is commonly used in fields such as architecture, engineering, and design to communicate and solve problems involving spatial concepts.

2. What are some basic tools used in descriptive geometry?

Some basic tools used in descriptive geometry include points, lines, planes, and solids. Other tools include angles, intersections, projections, and dihedral angles. These tools are used to create accurate and precise drawings and models of three-dimensional objects.

3. How is descriptive geometry used in real-world applications?

Descriptive geometry is used in various real-world applications, such as architectural and engineering design, map-making, and industrial design. It is also used in fields like computer graphics and animation, where three-dimensional objects and scenes need to be accurately represented and manipulated.

4. What are some common challenges when working with basic descriptive geometry tools?

Some common challenges when working with basic descriptive geometry tools include accurately representing complex three-dimensional objects, understanding and visualizing spatial relationships, and creating precise and clear drawings or models. It may also involve interpreting and solving problems based on geometric principles and concepts.

5. How can one improve their skills in working with basic descriptive geometry tools?

One can improve their skills in working with basic descriptive geometry tools by practicing regularly, studying and understanding geometric principles and concepts, and seeking guidance from experienced professionals. Additionally, learning and utilizing computer-aided design (CAD) software can also greatly enhance one's skills and efficiency in working with descriptive geometry tools.