• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Geometry with Algebra 2.

• Thread starter njkid
  • Start date
I was wondering if it is a bad idea to take Geometry and Algebra 2 at a same time. I thought they were different math...

Thank you.

Answers and Replies

I took them both in the same semester my 10th grade year of high school and I found in very beneficial. They are different maths but they have a lot in common.

Geometry class is a joke. I took it with Pre-Calc. That was by far the easiest class I ever took. It should not be a problem. O yeah take both honors classes. It is the same thing only you get more GPA value and usually better teachers with honors classes, so you will do better in the honors anyway.

ludi_srbin said:
Geometry class is a joke. I took it with Pre-Calc. That was by far the easiest class I ever took. It should not be a problem. O yeah take both honors classes. It is the same thing only you get more GPA value and usually better teachers with honors classes, so you will do better in the honors anyway.
I was thinking about the same thing... but i just transferred my school and they dont let me do that. So ill take Honors Alg.2 and normal geometry, and i wont get any credit for geometry... do you think it will affect my SAT score for not taking honors geometry?

Also, i am gonna be a soph and planning to take calculus and other advanced math classes in the future. Any tips will be appriciated.

Thank you.

No it wont. SAT is a joke too. I got 630 on my last SAT. I know people who got 700 and they can't figure out simple trig functions. I'm gonna buy the SAT guide and see what type of problems they give. I reccomend you do the same, especially for the essay part. Just go over it couple days before the SAT and you should be fine.

Try to do that thing with learning calculus by yourself. It won't hurt you to have some background.

thank you!