• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Geophysicist as Patent Lawyer

Main Question or Discussion Point

How does being a geophysicist or geophysical engineer in particular tie into becoming a patent law? How could geophysics be useful when doing patents?

Answers and Replies

Bystander
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
I can see "gee-whiz" as a real edge in water law. "Patent law?" You averse to working with Civil Engineering and construction firms? "New improved structural anchors/footings," that kind of thing? Well casing techniques. Architectural designs, methods for retrofitting of unreinforced masonry. The "American Dream" is to sue someone and retire, and there have to be plenty of opportunities regarding "due diligence" and acts of "Geophysics."

I can see "gee-whiz" as a real edge in water law. "Patent law?" You averse to working with Civil Engineering and construction firms? "New improved structural anchors/footings," that kind of thing? Well casing techniques. Architectural designs, methods for retrofitting of unreinforced masonry. The "American Dream" is to sue someone and retire, and there have to be plenty of opportunities regarding "due diligence" and acts of "Geophysics."
Thanks and yes, I meant "patent lawyer".

Bystander
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Mine safety equipment (regarding actual material handling and stabilization problems) --- actually you might have more opportunities than you'll know how to handle.

Vanadium 50
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
2019 Award
How does being a geophysicist or geophysical engineer in particular tie into becoming a patent law? How could geophysics be useful when doing patents?
The second thread in this form is "Anyone considering a career as a patent attorney?" It's worth reading.