Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

George W. Bush's legacy

1. Great President

1 vote(s)
  2. Greatest President

4 vote(s)
  1. Jun 28, 2006 #1
    Considering his "mission accomplished" in Iraq, won the heart of millions in his handling of hurricane katrina, strengthening our friendship w/ the UAE by attempting to let them control our major ports, harriet meyers' nomination, prescription drug bill, etc.:wink:
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 28, 2006 #2

Staff: Mentor

My option would be "Worst" or at least "one of the worst" - right down there with Harding and Hoover.
  4. Jun 28, 2006 #3
    I voted greatest *shrug*
  5. Jun 28, 2006 #4
    The ports deal wasn't about selling control to the UAE - it was selling power to a private business based in UAE, you've misstated that. Certain lawmakers of both parties made a poltical stunt out of it, pandering to racist and xenophobic fear with their "national security" mongering - while spooking a foreign business away from an American investment. :grumpy:
  6. Jun 28, 2006 #5
    While we're at it, "Harriet Meyers" is a prostitute in Vegas - you were probably thinking of "Harriet Meirs".

It would also help, when stealing "great or greatest?" jokes from comedian Stephen Colbert, to have the decency to give him due credit. Otherwise, people might get confused as to who's idea it was. :devil:
  7. Jun 28, 2006 #6
    Admin edit: Astronuc is fully capable of speaking for himself, regardless of the (rather poor) joke your thread intends to communicate.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2006
  8. Jun 28, 2006 #7
    Oops, i forgot to give credit to colbert. classic joke. colbert is a god!
  9. Jun 28, 2006 #8

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

We don't appreciate you putting words in the mouths of others.

- Warren
  10. Jun 28, 2006 #9

Staff: Mentor

There is no point in leaving this open.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?