• Thread starter ksle82
  • Start date

How would you rate Bush?

• Great President

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Greatest President

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
Considering his "mission accomplished" in Iraq, won the heart of millions in his handling of hurricane katrina, strengthening our friendship w/ the UAE by attempting to let them control our major ports, harriet meyers' nomination, prescription drug bill, etc.:wink:

Answers and Replies

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
My option would be "Worst" or at least "one of the worst" - right down there with Harding and Hoover.

I voted greatest *shrug*

Rach3
strengthening our friendship w/ the UAE by attempting to let them control our major ports,
The ports deal wasn't about selling control to the UAE - it was selling power to a private business based in UAE, you've misstated that. Certain lawmakers of both parties made a poltical stunt out of it, pandering to racist and xenophobic fear with their "national security" mongering - while spooking a foreign business away from an American investment. :grumpy:

Rach3
While we're at it, "Harriet Meyers" is a prostitute in Vegas - you were probably thinking of "Harriet Meirs".

It would also help, when stealing "great or greatest?" jokes from comedian Stephen Colbert, to have the decency to give him due credit. Otherwise, people might get confused as to who's idea it was. :devil:

Astronuc said:
My option would be "Worst" or at least "one of the worst" - right down there with Harding and Hoover.
Admin edit: Astronuc is fully capable of speaking for himself, regardless of the (rather poor) joke your thread intends to communicate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rach3 said:
It would also help, when stealing "great or greatest?" jokes from comedian Stephen Colbert, to have the decency to give him due credit. Otherwise, people might get confused as to who's idea it was. :devil:
Oops, i forgot to give credit to colbert. classic joke. colbert is a god!

chroot
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
ksle82,

We don't appreciate you putting words in the mouths of others.

- Warren

Evo
Mentor
chroot said:
ksle82,

We don't appreciate you putting words in the mouths of others.

- Warren
There is no point in leaving this open.