Georgia Tech Lecture: Time Cube with Gene Ray

In summary, Gene Ray, Wisest Human, will give a lecture on his Time Cube theory at the Georgia Tech campus this Thursday. If you have not heard of it, look here: http://www.timecube.com/. If anyone can decipher what he is talking about, please share your thoughts with the rest of
theCandyman
Well, this Thursday, on my birthday, "Dr. Gene Ray, Wisest Human" will give a lecture on his Time Cube theory. If you have not heard of it, look here: http://www.timecube.com/ . If anyone can decipher what he is talking about, please share your thoughts with the rest of us and explain it.

There are also other links from the Georgia Tech website: http://timecube.shim.net/. My friends an I are all entertained by his theory and we are all planning to attend, if only for a laugh. So who has already heard of this man? A few of the MIT students I am sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
If I'm not mistaken, the MIT timecube lecture happened a few years ago. Are they doing it again?

- Warren

The MIT lecture was in 2002, I heard he was laughed out of the lecture. It looks like the students who set it up wanted everyone to hear how illogicaly this guy thinks.

theCandyman said:
The MIT lecture was in 2002, I heard he was laughed out of the lecture. It looks like the students who set it up wanted everyone to hear how illogicaly this guy thinks.

It's good to know MIT is supporting the arts...comedy acts, right? :rofl: But, if you laugh, that just makes you one of the educated stupid! :rofl: :rofl:

The Time Cube guy is real?

... wow...

Oh dear, not him again!
If he ever lectures at my univerity, I would certainly attend, just for a laugh. Do tell us some of the highlights please!

theCandyman said:
So who has already heard of this man? A few of the MIT students I am sure.
Most of us here, have.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=40773&highlight=Timecube

* "-1 x -1 = +1 is stupid and evil."

I agree.

Here is a nice pic from MIT:
timecube4730.jpg

Last edited:
"I have $10,000.00 that I will
wager that Cubicism transcends
and disproves Theism Creation. "

Gene Ray V Creationists.
This should be good. Place your bets people.

creationists. 2:1

I just looked at his site, and WHAT A FREAK! How on Earth did this guy get to lecture at MIT? (This is the Mass. Institute of Technology we're talking about, not the Men's Institute of Typing, right?)

If this guy can lecture at MIT, so can I. Hmm... I just need a good theory...

Got one!

The Rev's Quantum Wave Theory!

Here's how it goes:

Particles like electrons, photons, etc. have properties of both waves and particles. I propose that the reason they have both properties is because the particles are, in motion, doing "the wave" like at a football game. This gives them wavelike properties while they are still just particles.

Genius, isn't it!?

Can't wait for that honorary degree...

:rolleyes:

The Rev

The Rev said:
I just looked at his site, and WHAT A FREAK! How on Earth did this guy get to lecture at MIT? (This is the Mass. Institute of Technology we're talking about, not the Men's Institute of Typing, right?)

Oh, don't worry, I'm sure the only one who thinks this is a serious lecture is Gene Ray. I greatly suspect the rest of the audience is showing up for the sheer entertainment value of getting to laugh him off the stage. Doesn't he even look a little crazy in the photo? How old do you think he was when he came up with his theory? Can we blame senile dementia for it?

I liked the wording from his website on the screen:

"Your god is invited and a chair will be prepared."

"Will free speech be allowed, or will obscurantism (?) prevail in academic and religious word..."

I like this guy.

the students invited him - on their own club or whatever-they-have-down-there time. Cant believe MIT undergrads have: 1. time and 2. time for a time cube :devil:

Oh, it just occurred to me that they ought to have an entire class revolving around this, Harry Potter style! You know how in those books the students have to attend Defense Against the Dark Arts classes, and part of that involves identifying various monsters along with some practical experience in demonstrations of those creatures? Well, they could have a whole class on Defense Against the Crackpots. You need to learn how to recognize them, and it would be so easy to lure them in for demonstrations just by asking them to guest lecture on their theories. They'd be so thrilled to be considered seriously, they'd never question the intent. :devil: :rofl:

Hmmm, how to recognise them. oh I got it!:

1) any idea based on a harry potter book

1. What is the Time Cube theory proposed by Gene Ray?

The Time Cube is a controversial theory proposed by Gene Ray, who claims that there are four simultaneous days in a single rotation of the Earth. He believes that this concept of four days can explain the phenomenon of time and existence.

2. What evidence does Gene Ray provide for the Time Cube theory?

Gene Ray's Time Cube theory is not supported by any scientific evidence. He claims that his theory is based on his own observations and personal experiences, but it has not been scientifically tested or proven.

3. Is the Time Cube theory widely accepted in the scientific community?

No, the Time Cube theory is not accepted by the scientific community. In fact, it has been widely criticized for lacking scientific evidence and contradicting well-established theories and principles of physics and mathematics.

4. What is the purpose of the Georgia Tech lecture on Time Cube with Gene Ray?

The lecture at Georgia Tech was intended to provide a platform for Gene Ray to present his Time Cube theory to a wider audience. It was also an opportunity for students and faculty to engage in critical thinking and evaluate this controversial theory.

5. Is there any scientific merit to the Time Cube theory?

No, there is no scientific merit to the Time Cube theory. It has been thoroughly debunked by the scientific community as it goes against well-established principles and laws of physics and lacks any supporting evidence.