Where Can I Find German and English Physics Textbooks for Secondary School?

In summary, the book "Metzler, Physik" is a good option for a German secondary school student studying Physics, but the edition from 2008 is not as good as the older editions.
Kleio
I am looking for secondary school (ages 11-14) Physics textbooks from Germany and England. Can you help me?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Kleio said:
I am looking for secondary school (ages 11-14) Physics textbooks from Germany and England. Can you help me?
That's an ambiguous question. Help you with what? Do you want people to help you find out where to buy them? That should be easy on the Internet. Or, are you hoping that people will just GIVE them to you ? If you want people to give them to you, where ARE you? Who pays the postage?

Do you see how your question is very incomplete?

phinds said:
That's an ambiguous question. Help you with what? Do you want people to help you find out where to buy them? That should be easy on the Internet. Or, are you hoping that people will just GIVE them to you ? If you want people to give them to you, where ARE you? Who pays the postage?

Do you see how your question is very incomplete?
I want to buy some books that are used in schools in germany and uk. Maybe you could suggest some you believe that are good.

If you know enough German, a search for Physics textbuch in Amazon.de should get you some hits with some page samples.

Schoolbooks are usually not very good these days. I was shocked looking at some German physics high-school books for the "Oberstufe", i.e., grades 11-13. You have to look at older editions to get a good book. The book, I learned for my Abitur exam was

Metzler, Physik (1989)

The same book in the edition of 2008 is still ok but way lower in level and in my opinion has lost a lot of the logic still present in the old edition. The edition of 2014 (for Nordrhein Westphalia) makes me very sad, to say it friendly.

I don't know, how books for the lower grades are these days.

Likes dextercioby
Or go to Wikipediacht, check subject-related articles and see references.

What is the difference between German and English textbooks?

German textbooks are written in the German language and are typically used in schools and universities in Germany, while English textbooks are written in the English language and are used in English-speaking countries. The main difference between these two types of textbooks is the language in which they are written.

Do German and English textbooks cover the same topics?

In general, German and English textbooks cover similar topics, such as math, science, history, and literature. However, there may be some variations in the specific content covered, as textbooks are often tailored to the curriculum and educational standards of the country in which they are used.

Are German and English textbooks interchangeable?

No, German and English textbooks are not interchangeable. They are written in different languages and may have different content and formatting. Additionally, textbooks are often designed to align with the specific educational system and standards of the country in which they are used.

Can German textbooks be used to learn English and vice versa?

While it is possible to use German textbooks to learn English and vice versa, it may not be the most effective method. These textbooks are designed for native speakers of their respective languages and may not provide the necessary language instruction and practice for non-native speakers.

Are there any notable differences in the layout and design of German and English textbooks?

Yes, there may be some differences in the layout and design of German and English textbooks. For example, German textbooks may use a different font or have more illustrations and diagrams, as the German language has longer words and may require more visual aids for comprehension. Additionally, textbooks may be designed differently to align with the educational standards and preferences of each country.